Woo Hoo..the last weekend in February

petitepedal

So7 has a storage unit that needs to be emptied by March 1. I think we can fit it all in one trip. He has a full size pickup truck. 
I’m buying some lumber and cinderblocks for a third faar wood rack and a pair of 4’x8’ planters for vegetable gardens. Working in the backyard it seems. 

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

#2 son plays a floor hockey tournament Saturday. Other than that, not much. mr. balked on going to Mardi Gras. I love his steadfast nature, though. There will be other trips to Mardi Gras with more than a week advance. 

Memories of knocking out my co-worker’s tooth with my stick. My follow-through on a slap shot got a little high. I feel guilty about it again. I was a broke college kid and didn’t have $600 to pay for it. I’m sure he’s well off and prosperous nowadays. He was in the same college program as me, accounting. I had totally forgotten this incident. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Memories of knocking out my co-worker’s tooth with my stick. My follow-through on a slap shot got a little high.

High-sticking and shooting inside the crease all. damn. game. His coach keeps on it at practice, but they forget when they’re playing. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Memories of knocking out my co-worker’s tooth with my stick. My follow-through on a slap shot got a little high. I feel guilty about it again. I was a broke college kid and didn’t have $600 to pay for it. I’m sure he’s well off and prosperous nowadays. He was in the same college program as me, accounting. I had totally forgotten this incident. 

Don’t be so sure. He couldn’t afford the dental work and this caused his other teeth to fall out. He worked a series of dead end minimum wage jobs until the economy went south and Covid ended his employment. He’s living in a homeless tent city somewhere, smoking meth and thinking about what could have been if he didn’t play hockey that day.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, Old No. 7 said:

Don’t be so sure. He couldn’t afford the dental work and this caused his other teeth to fall out. He worked a series of dead end minimum wage jobs until the economy went south and Covid ended his employment. He’s living in a homeless tent city somewhere, smoking meth and thinking about what could have been if he didn’t play hockey that day.

Now I really feel guilty. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

This weekend, I'm going to be mostly housebound and finishing up the list of additional household items lost in the fire, besides those already paid for, that State Farm has now agreed to pay for - it initially limited me because of all the extras that were done for the house where they initially agreed to give the contractor $45,000 more than originally estimated, then thousands more later. The house is worth about $100K more than before the fire.

I'm over $22,000 on my list right now and I've gotten hints they won't go higher than $25,000.  It needs to be submitted in March, so I'm about where I want to be if some emergency came up that distracted me from finishing it before the deadline.

I love when March gets here: anything can happen here in the first three weeks, from a foot of snow to a week of 70's weather, but it's the light at the end of the tunnel!

For years, from the 80's to the 00's, I coached Spring varsity high school sports and practice began March 15th.  By June my face, arms, and legs had a nice suntan.  That's probably what conditioned me to loving March.  Now, the 2nd Sunday in March (3/13/22) is when Daylight Savings Time returns for most of us and I look forward to that, too.

• Heart 2