I am blue

Airehead

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

War makes me sad. Children, families,  land destroyed. Even if it ends soon, the destruction lasts for generations — maybe longer. 

Never in my life has there been no wars.  Tens or hundreds of thousands folks killed EVERY year in wars. This Ukraine-Russia war brings the headlines, but Yemen, Tigray, or even still Syria have been bubbling for a while, and we know all about Afghanistan or Iraq.  :(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

I cannot listen. Must be subscription 

@denniS is trying to build his audience!

Howdy folks:

Welcome to Michael Perry’s Voice Mail, episode 92. This one’s subscribers only. Click the player above to listen.

Included in today’s installment: Mike reflects on the troubled world beyond the view of his back forty window, then is led to recall a piece he wrote about being on the road. In the Roughneck Reflection, he, we…

Two scenes keep playing on a loop in my mind. 
1. “…cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war” from Julius Caesar. I keep hearing a former student’s recitation because he gave a chilling performance. 
2. The final scene from Don’t Look Up where family and friends are having a last meal and Leonardo DiCaprio says plaintively “We really had it all” before the explosion levels his house. 
I am stunned when leaders of nations and world builders intentionally destabilize a country. It’s criminal. It’s got to be criminal. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Maybe it will lead to Putin's ouster.  But that would carry its own risks. 

He’d have to get in line behind all the others, including a few US leaders who thought invasions and destabilization were just and right.

• Sad 1