I like some things that are clearly questionable

Randomguy

A pound of cheese.  Some sharp, some quest blanco or even Monterey Jack. Heck white American will work. 

1/4 to half cup milk. Start with a quarter. 

about a half cup good salsa. Doesn’t have to be homemade. We can get good stuff I. Refrigerator section of Wegmans. 

mix and melt over warm heat. Stir frequently. 

you can do this in a crock pot too if making more or if you have one of those small crock pots. 

mess around with seasoning to suit if needed. 

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I bought Tostito's salsa con queso, and I love it.  It has many horrible things in it, I realize this.

How can I make it myself?  I have it maybe three times a year, is it even worth it to consider this herculean task of copying the good parts whilst getting rid of the bad?

You purchase a block of Velveta queso cheese (not the regular stuff) and you add a can of Ortega green chilies while you melt it in a small crock pot or any other pots you can uses like a boiler..  It's easy, it tastes good.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

You purchase a block of Velveta queso cheese (not the regular stuff) and you add a can of Ortega green chilies while you melt it in a small crock pot or any other pots you can uses like a boiler..  It's easy, it tastes good.

I think you can use regular velvetta and a can of drained Rotel tomatoes. 

• Heart 1