Lots of cyber attack warnings

Road Runner

On the TV news.  One bit of advice that I thought worthy of sharing:

Make sure you have adequate cash reserves on hand, just in case everything goes to hell and credit/debit cards become unusable for a period of time.

I guess everyone's definition of "adequate" is very different.  I normally keep at least $200 cash at all times, but I may make a few stops at my ATM this weekend.   :mellow:

12 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Also be sure to renew your McAafe subscriptions. 

I've also blocked third party cookies from my browser.  Some sites aren't happy, but screw them.  Plus, I now delete my cache daily (at least) and every month or so, I delete all old cookies.  It may not help with a cyber attack, but my computer seems to run better since I've been clearing the cache so often.  

• Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

On the TV news.  One bit of advice that I thought worthy of sharing:

Make sure you have adequate cash reserves on hand, just in case everything goes to hell and credit/debit cards become unusable for a period of time.

I guess everyone's definition of "adequate" is very different.  I normally keep at least $200 cash at all times, but I may make a few stops at my ATM this weekend.   :mellow:

I keep a "Wilbur suitcase" available at all times.  But, what stores take cash? And how long until that would be useless?  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I keep a "Wilbur suitcase" available at all times.  But, what stores take cash? And how long until that would be useless?  

It may not be the total answer, but if it could be even a partial fix, why not do it?  It ain't gonna hurt to have some extra cash on hand, one way or the other.    :)