Saturday morning plans

petitepedal

I need to get some radish seeds. Dug the line to plant in the garden yesterday and discovered didn’t have the seeds that I thought I had.

The other biggie, but online mail order, is a new mattress. Not happy with the long term (10 year) life of current Temperpedic so automatically off the list as well as any other “nose bleed” priced mattress. Also, not going cheapest. The aggressively advertised Nectar showed a lot of shop wear in stores that had then vs others on display, Casper, Purple, Leesa, etc, that presumably had the same showroom traffic. Came down to a choice between Tuft and Needle mid range Mint, vs Casper Original, and will order the T&N. Both have a 100 day trial.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I need to get some radish seeds. Dug the line to plant in the garden yesterday and discovered didn’t have the seeds that I thought I had.

The other biggie, but online mail order, is a new mattress. Not happy with the long term (10 year) life of current Temperpedic so automatically off the list as well as any other “nose bleed” priced mattress. Also, not going cheapest. The aggressively advertised Nectar showed a lot of shop wear in stores that had then vs others on display, Casper, Purple, Leesa, etc, that presumably had the same showroom traffic. Came down to a choice between Tuft and Needle mid range Mint, vs Casper Original, and will order the T&N. Both have a 100 day trial.

Don't forget about a Sleep Numbers bed, should be able to get a decent on for less than 12 grand.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Coffee made and consumed. While I was doing that, I made some sourdough bread. It’s proofing in the new oven. First time for that. Frying a sausage patty and have four eggs ready for cooking once Wo7 finally wakes up. Going to the lumber store for project supplies. I’m building another firewood rack and two garden beds. 

• Heart 2

54 minutes ago, smudge said:

Clean living/dining room carpet.

Chop down snowbanks.

Chopping snow is more fun than cleaning carpets. 

12 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Coffee made and consumed. While I was doing that, I made some sourdough bread. It’s proofing in the new oven. First time for that. Frying a sausage patty and have four eggs ready for cooking once Wo7 finally wakes up. Going to the lumber store for project supplies. I’m building another firewood rack and two garden beds. 

Did you proof at 500 degrees?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Don't forget about a Sleep Numbers bed, should be able to get a decent on for less than 12 grand.

12 grand…getting another nose bleed. Just barely breaking a grand is fine with me.

I wanted to sleep with Leesa, but wife objected. ☹️

• Heart 1

My day will be busy.  Up early to start bread, and begin cooking for a faux Thanksgiving. Doing a light house tidy, bike ride on the property, Sticking close to home with cooking and projects.  I am very happy to spend all weekend at home.  It is just dandy here. 

I have been really wanting to invite some people out to ride the jump line.  My slight hesitation is that they will gape up the jump line.  The lips are perfect, If someone slams on the brakes too much on the jumps, it will tear up the lips and create braking bumps.  Trail Boss and I are all no brakes on the line and pump track.  After the jump line, we just use the momentum to do a lap or two on the pump trck and then back up the hill for another lap.

:wub:  

• Heart 2

I'm trying to complete a list of household stuff that State Farm suddenly willing to pay for that needs to be done by Thursday.  But I'm distracted this weekend: I used to make my own bread, pizza dough, and English muffins and decided to do it with diabetic-friendly recipes.

With all the excellent pizza and breadmaking threads we've had here, I researched almond flour and whole wheat flour recipes to find diabetic friendly ones for pizza and breads, found some very promising ones, and decided to get a new automatic breadmaker.  I'll make some low-calorie and relatively-low carb bread/pizza dough with recipes like this (49 Cal, 13 g carbs/slice).

I also got a new pizza peel, pizza steel, pizza pans, flours, etc.

This breadmaker is supposed to arrive tomorrow - I use it mostly for making doughs then baking them in breadpans or rolling them out for pizza dough, English muffins, etc..  There is a cheaper Amazon Basics one that's high rated for $61.49 that takes up half the counter space but is very noisy and limited in what it does.  This one shown below, 14" x 10" x 12" high, was just $36 more and it's raved over in a lot of "best breadmaker" reviews, can handle fresh onions, oranges, zucchini, bananas "efficiently to minimize human preparation time," and also has a keto cycle for almond flour, etc. doughs.  I really liked that you can save custom programmed cycles - which I expect to do with various low-Calorie & low-carb doughs, so I bought it. Best review at bottom. I did my homework on this one, so hope it lives up to the hype:

Programmable cycles and Lots of choices:

1704210354_CycleProgramming.JPG.8d9fc0ea068ee4a39e93dc3f96a2a874.JPG Settings.JPG.57e39a4a690940d0bc7efb7e1bc65f6b.JPG

462396074_KitchenarmBreadmaker.thumb.JPG.f744d2214c9bea32bb53d7a27d304cf9.JPG

Best Review (Best Breadmakers Under $100 - only machine reviewed with no cons):

Kitchenarm might not be the first brand that comes to mind, but this 29 in 1 bread maker is like no other. It has 21 bread menus, from a basic white loaf, gluten-free and keto. 7 non-bread cycles, like jam, yogurt, and a fully customizable cycle. What more do you want for just under $100?

What’s more, this bread maker lets you save all your settings, so if you use the same cycle next time, you can make your bread in just one click. This bread maker makes 3 loaf sizes, ranging from 1 to 2 pounds, 3 crust colors and an incredible 15 hours delayed timer, which is more than what other bread makers offer. 

What I love about this bread maker apart from its price point is that it is designed to handle fresh ingredients like onions, orange zest, bananas, etc. This allows you to make wholesome, healthy loaves of bread full of nutritional value. You can find recipes for all these healthy breads in the recipe book which contains 77 recipes.

Pros 

• 29 settings 
  • Stainless steel body
  • Customizable cycle
  • Recipe book containing 77 recipes
  • 15 hour delayed timer

Cons

• We love everything!
  • Heart 1