Just in case you are wondering

petitepedal

46 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Can you have it not gong during the night?

It has a switch to silent..but unless you turn it back on at the same location in the strike...it can mess up its mechanical brain..so for a round or two the chime might be off..chiming the 3/4 hour at the half etc..until it adjusts.

• Heart 1

I often fall asleep in my recliner in my living room with the TV on, which eventually goes into a silent state.

The next morning, at 7:30 am, my radio alarm goes off.  It's semi-loud in the bed room and faint in the living room.

But it still wakes me up in the recliner if I'm still asleep at 7:30 am.  My subconscious must be tuned in to waking if I hear rock and roll music in the early morning - I was only late for work once in my life waking up to such sounds for decades.

• Heart 1

We had a Grandmother clock when I was growing up.  It gets to the point, you don't even really hear it.  I do remember the obnoxious gongs on the hour. It was right outside of my Mother's bedroom.  I need to ask her what she thought of it.  My Grandmother was upstairs so she was better placed to avoid the intrusive noise.  It was my Grandmother's purchase and my uncles built it, from what I remember.