Mardi Gras

petitepedal

Mardi Gras is a wild and crazy time between Christmas and Fat Tuesday. Fat Tuesday..the day before Ash Wednesday..and the beginning of Lent..a time when many Christians fast and pray in preparation for the Tridum (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter)

The party aspect now a days is mostly  the week before Ash Wednesday..

Traditionally, on Fat Tuesday Christians would use up the cooking fat..with pancakes or baked goods..because Lent meant abstaining from excess food or drink..and "giving up" these things

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I will celebrate with a croissant...and just in keeping with the celebration ..I will wear beads when doing my chores today :D

I may make Ash Wednesday and Fridays "Fishday" for Lent this year like I'm religiously supposed to: I haven't been eating as much fish as I should.

OR maybe I'll make 6 meals worth of my Linguine, Shrimp, Asparagus, Onions and Peas Alfredo and freeze most of it in meal-size portions.

20220204_174914_900p.jpg.5a290a6b4c29ce78c3ac9171a1755715.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I may make Ash Wednesday and Fridays "Fishday" for Lent this year like I'm religiously supposed to: I haven't been eating as much fish as I should.

OR maybe I'll make 6 meals worth of my Linguine, Shrimp, Asparagus, Onions and Peas Alfredo and freeze most of it in meal-size portions.

that looks delicious