Are you worried-space edition

Airehead

Supermassive black holes will smash into each other and warp space and time, scientists warn

Two massive black holes will merge in 10,000 years, in a collision that will send ripples across the universe, a new study finds.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/supermassive-black-holes-will-smash-into-each-other-and-warp-space-and-time-scientists-warn/

This is well beyond the scope of my earthly existence.  I barely think about 10 years from now so 10,000 years is insignificant.  The sun is expanding and life on this planet will cease to exist. I don't care about that either. We barely understand the heating and cooling cycles of the earth and those will have little effect on my life.  What about future generations you ask?  I don't care.  Adapt or die.  It is all outside of my purview. 

• Heart 1

10,000 years.. meh… the way this woods population is going.. we ain’t got nothing to worry about.. I am more worried about what sun spots spitting out solar flares and causing a great EMP taking out the power grid.. than again my wife and I know we can live off the land and survive.. it’s the others in our area that are too dependent on everything else that bothers me. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Supermassive black holes will smash into each other and warp space and time, scientists warn

Two massive black holes will merge in 10,000 years, in a collision that will send ripples across the universe, a new study finds.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/supermassive-black-holes-will-smash-into-each-other-and-warp-space-and-time-scientists-warn/

In 10,000 years, they'll have figured out how to harmlessly harness the energy so they can turn excess CO2 and CH4 in the atmosphere into oil - if humanity hasn't destroyed itself yet.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Airehead said:

Two massive black holes will merge in 10,000 years

Oh for goodness sake!

Today - right here on earth, mind you - there's a black hole all my money seems to disappear into, and a second black hole that my youth dropped into, and these scientists clowns are worried about 10,000 years from now?  :angry:

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Oh for goodness sake!

Today - right here on earth, mind you - there's a black hole all my money seems to disappear into, and a second black hole that my youth dropped into, and these scientists clowns are worried about 10,000 years from now?  :angry:

Good points.