Idaho

Airehead

I went to McCall and did some hiking.  Then I went to Stanley area and Redfish lake for some relaxing and hiking.  Then down to Ketchum /Sun Valley for some site seeing   Ended up in Twin Falls for a night while driving back to Boise.  The falls were pretty low and that was sort of a waste.  Spent the last few days around Boise going to the museum,  rose gardens, birds of prey center and a little zoo area.  It was incredibly hot in Boise, so I wasn't as active as I wanted to be.

On a prior trip to Spokane we took a day trip to Coeur d'Alene and did a boat trip to view bald eagles and wandered around the downtown area.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

I went to McCall and did some hiking.  Then I went to Stanley area and Redfish lake for some relaxing and hiking.  Then down to Ketchum /Sun Valley for some site seeing   Ended up in Twin Falls for a night while driving back to Boise.  The falls were pretty low and that was sort of a waste.  Spent the last few days around Boise going to the museum,  rose gardens, birds of prey center and a little zoo area.  It was incredibly hot in Boise, so I wasn't as active as I wanted to be.

On a prior trip to Spokane we took a day trip to Coeur d'Alene and did a boat trip to view bald eagles and wandered around the downtown area.

All good ideas. I am making a list. 

• Heart 1

I love Idaho.  Ketchum, Sun Valley, Hell's Half Acre.  Everything Kirby mentioned.  Coeur d"Alene is beautiful and they used to have a gold course with a floating green.  

I used to fly fish a lot there or went hiking.  

I did leave the engine cowl for a jet I was flying there.  It departed the plane about 80 miles northwest of Boise.  :) 

• Heart 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hugs 1

As part of a three-week road trip, we rode our bikes on the paved trail that runs along I-90. Started tag-team riding at Kellogg, and then visited friends in Coeur d’Alene for a couple of days. While there we rode around town and out to the WA border and back. I remember picnicking in Kellogg and visiting a railroad museum. 

• Heart 2

Idaho has lots of things to see and do.  In addition to Kirby's and MoseySusan's ideas, there is river rafting, Craters of the Moon, the Island Park area, hiking the west slopes of the Tetons, more biking on trails on the west side of the state, etc.  You could spend months hiking in the Sawtooths.  There is also Lake Pend Oreille and Priest Lake and the Selkirk range in north Idaho.

The Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes and the Route of the Hiawatha, as well as the trail from Couer d'Alene to Spokane are also good.

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, Airehead said:

Idaho is one of the states I have never been to. 

Idaho  is one of the 6 states WoBG and I still need to visit.     I sure we would find a few places for day hikes.

In that area Montana, and North Dakota are also on our bucket list.  

A few years ago... I had a plan for a 2 or 3 week trip into the area.   Then the virus hit... and we've haven't traveled much.

There are some good ideas for things to do posted here.  

• Heart 1

My uncle lives in Osburn, about an hour east of Cour d’Alene. Beautiful mountain regions. We did some 4-wheeler riding on logging roads. That was a blast! Wish we had more time to spend when we were there. I’m told you need to be very careful where you turn on those country roads. A lot those people REALLY don’t like to be disturbed. Luckily uncle knows a lot of them so we were covered. 

• Heart 2