Jump to content

Sorry, but these are far superior.


Wilbur
 Share

Recommended Posts



8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

61ePfwgP3IL._AC_SX679_.jpg :)

 

I had not had those in many years, and just last week I picked some up when I was making the rounds of the grocery store and spotted them on special. They are OK, but It will be a long while before I buy them again.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rattlecan said:

Now here is something I can get behind. I had a driver/sales job with this company for a few months 50 years ago. This was our biggest seller.

Vachon.jpg

When I was in high school I was driving a forklift from freezers to reefers loading these. 

s-l300.png I remember liking them at the time. 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always loved Mallo Cups, but it's hard to find them locally anymore.

When my sister got the name of a soldier to write to in Saudi Arabia in 1991 during Operation Desert Storm, she learned he, from Maine, loved Mallo Cups.  They're made by Boyer Candy in Altoona, PA, and when we visited an aunt who lived there, we stopped at Boyer and sent a case of them to him - Boyer volunteered to pick up the cost of postage!

That 1st Cavalry tank driver and my sister eventually married - he's my BiL Brian who is getting a cancerous lung lobe removed in a month and will hopefully be cured.

image.png.214688063a5702e16b59402b4618003a.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

I've always loved Mallo Cups, but it's hard to find them locally anymore.

When my sister got the name of a soldier to write to in Saudi Arabia in 1991 during Operation Desert Storm, she learned he, from Maine, loved Mallo Cups.  They're made by Boyer Candy in Altoona, PA, and when we visited an aunt who lived there, we stopped at Boyer and sent a case of them to him - Boyer volunteered to pick up the cost of postage!

That 1st Cavalry tank driver and my sister eventually married - he's my BiL Brian who is getting a cancerous lung lobe removed in a month and will hopefully be cured.

image.png.214688063a5702e16b59402b4618003a.png

Best to your BiL, Mick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

When I was in high school I was driving a forklift from freezers to reefers loading these. 

s-l300.png I remember liking them at the time. 

Hostess was good until they were bought out.  Now they're crap.  But I wouldn't know.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Now I want some, but alas, they are probably local only, like New Glarus. :(
$3.09, $21 ground shipping  :wacko:

 

They are not available all over the state. 

I promise you that next time I'm in the Baraboo area I will pickup some Cow Pies and send them to you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BR46 said:

They are not available all over the state. 

I promise you that next time I'm in the Baraboo area I will pickup some Cow Pies and send them to you. 

Probably should wear disposable gloves when you pick up cow pies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

And don't forget the ultimate Southern sugar bomb. :hapydance:

KrispyKreme_GlazedDozen.jpg

We have a local favorite available only at the Kwik Trip gas station. 

I present to you the Kwik Trip Glazer

image.png.adb30786f8e33c81945d9c70807be0ca.png

Your fast track to diabetes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Your fast track to diabetes 

Yeah, the problem with Krispy Kremes are that you will eat at least six if not more at one sitting.  When they're warm, they literally melt in your mouth, so despite a kajillion calories, fat, & sugar per donut, they go down FAST and EASY.

YUMMMMMMMY!!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, the problem with Krispy Kremes are that you will eat at least six if not more at one sitting.  When they're warm, they literally melt in your mouth, so despite a kajillion calories, fat, & sugar per donut, they go down FAST and EASY.

YUMMMMMMMY!!!!!

Back in the stay out until bar closing days there was a family owned Bakery that would sell fresh donuts, fritters and other still warm sugary treats at 2am out the back door of the Bakery. 

 

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...