Hydrox? Or Only Oreos?

Razors Edge

Watching an actual "history" show on the History Channel (shocking!), and it was about Nabisco.  The head guy forced out some early partners, and they formed a rival - Sunshine Biscuits - and invented the Hydrox cookie. It was huge, so Nabisco countered with the Hershey cocoa-sourced Oreo.

As a kid, I never would knowingly or willingly buy Hydrox.  It wasn't on my radar. Oreo all the way. If someone had Hydrox, to me, that was the same as the "store brand" or generic.  Had no idea it was the actual "original".  Sunshine Biscuits, formerly known as The Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company eventually became part of Keebler/Kelloggs.

How about you?

Sunshine_Biscuits.png

3 minutes ago, Further said:

Oreos all the way 

Never really heard of Hydrox, sounds like a detergent brand 

That was one of the comments in the show -bad name.  It was VERY popular when it came out (sort of revolutionary), but the name -derived from the purest of pure - water (and H2O - hydrogen & oxogen) being the inspiration.   

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

As a kid, I never would knowingly or willingly buy Hydrox.  It wasn't on my radar. Oreo all the way. If someone had Hydrox, to me, that was the same as the "store brand" or generic.  Had no idea it was the actual "original".  Sunshine Biscuits, formerly known as The Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company eventually became part of Keebler/Kelloggs.

How about you?

I don’t know what their biscuits taste like but I think their committee is great.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Watching an actual "history" show on the History Channel (shocking!), and it was about Nabisco.  The head guy forced out some early partners, and they formed a rival - Sunshine Biscuits - and invented the Hydrox cookie. It was huge, so Nabisco countered with the Hershey cocoa-sourced Oreo.

How about you?

Sunshine_Biscuits.png

I saw that show, too!  When I was a kid, Hydrox and Oreos were rare: we got it sometimes when they were on sale.  I liked Oreos better.  A piece of bread with margarine and jam spread thin was our treat.

• Heart 1