Signed up today

Parsnip Totin Jack

Just now, Old No. 7 said:

For my next blood donation. I’m eligible March 16 but the next local blood drive isn’t until March 24. Work lets me use volunteer hours for paid leave instead of dipping into PTO. A double red donation will put me at 10 7/8 gallons. 

I was having blood drawn for my cholesterol etc. tests, and man do I still dislike the "feeling".  The nurse/tech was good, though, so it was painless. It's 99% mental. I can't look at the blood coming out of my arm. :frantics:

That's great those who can give a blood.  A good friend recently did....she does at least once/annually if not, more. She met me for dinner just after her blood was drawn. So she was motivated to eat.

I haven't given blood for past 25 years..I've had a history of being anaemic ie. low iron. And now at my age and weight, it's probably not a good idea for  me to give blood.

47 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

And now at my age and weight, it's probably not a good idea for  me to give blood.

Most places do not have an upper are limit.

In the US, our lower weight limit is 110, I suspect it's the same in Canada.

Hemoglobin (anemia measurement) needs to be 12.5 for women 13 for men (US numbers), about 10% of people don't pass.

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Most places do not have an upper are limit.

In the US, our lower weight limit is 110, I suspect it's the same in Canada.

Hemoglobin (anemia measurement) needs to be 12.5 for women 13 for men (US numbers), about 10% of people don't pass.

I am 100 lbs. or more depending time of year.