I'm supposed to be job hunting

Square Wheels

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Man, we don't need a dog walker, but finding good dog sitters is the real challenge.  It probably doesn't pay well enough, but it sure can be a great side gig.  I end up paying one of my nieces $100 a day just to stay at our place and make sure our pup is walked, fed, and loved while we're away.  That's like one hour of work, but 24 hours of responsibility.  If they could stay with their sitter, it would be an easy peasy job, but at least my one niece likes the break from working from her home, so our place is a mini-paid vacation.

My son's girlfriend lost her job when the company that she worked for closed she answered a add from someone looking for a dog sitter. Just thought word of mouth she has a pretty good list of clients. I was surprised on how much she makes. 

One client paid her to spend 2 hours a day with his cats while he is out of town. 

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

How often did you have to be checked? My wife made have worked on your file. 
when my wife first was working on her job she could get fingerprinted at the state police but they changed that and she had to drive to a government office some distance away. The federal government didn’t trust the state police anymore.

Started 25 years ago.  About 5 years ago we got rechecked.