Strange happenings on my ride home

Dirtyhip

I had on my garbage jacket.  I was crossing into a not so perfect area of town.  There is a man with a logo tat on his cheek.  Monster energy drink logo.  Strange.  Anyway, he sees me and says from across the street "Are you the police?"  

The logo dude is talking to another derelict looking fellow and they have all this stuff laid out on the sidewalk.  I have to cross in front of the sidewalk that they are sitting upon.  As I head that direction with full intention not to engage, he starts what I can surmise is explanations of why all his stuff is laid out on the sidewalk.  I think he still thought I was a cop.  AS I passed him and he is explaining whatever, I just said "I'm sorry..."  and I kept going.  Then he screams really loud.  Like "AHHHHHH."  

I didn't look back or break stride and just continues on.   So crazy.  I don't know what was going on and I don't want to know.  It was just strange.  

We have some crazy people in this town.  Well, I guess that is the case for any town.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

39 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I had on my garbage jacket.  I was crossing into a not so perfect area of town.  There is a man with a logo tat on his cheek.  Monster energy drink logo.  Strange.  Anyway, he sees me and says from across the street "Are you the police?"  

The logo dude is talking to another derelict looking fellow and they have all this stuff laid out on the sidewalk.  I have to cross in front of the sidewalk that they are sitting upon.  As I head that direction with full intention not to engage, he starts what I can surmise is explanations of why all his stuff is laid out on the sidewalk.  I think he still thought I was a cop.  AS I passed him and he is explaining whatever, I just said "I'm sorry..."  and I kept going.  Then he screams really loud.  Like "AHHHHHH."  

I didn't look back or break stride and just continues on.   So crazy.  I don't know what was going on and I don't want to know.  It was just strange.  

We have some crazy people in this town.  Well, I guess that is the case for any town.

There wasn't much you could do in the situation. I would have done the same thing as you...especially when they are in some sort of  delirium.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

The logo dude is talking to another derelict looking fellow and they have all this stuff laid out on the sidewalk. 

I'm going to guess those items were obtained through the process of undocumented non-traditional shopping, whereby the store does not issue a receipt for the items that are transported from their shelves to where you saw them on the sidewalk.

• Heart 1