Hey LongJohn!

Razors Edge

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Now that the eyes are recovering, are bike rides back on the "okay" list?  Has the snow and ice receded enough for you to get back out again?  How are things shaping up for the new season coming up?

I think he's too busy w/ his lady friend :) 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Now that the eyes are recovering, are bike rides back on the "okay" list?  Has the snow and ice receded enough for you to get back out again?  How are things shaping up for the new season coming up?

My eye surgeon talked me into waiting until I’m off Brilinta to ride outside. He said in all of his years of doing eye surgery (over 10,000 surgeries) he never saw anyone bleed like I do. He said if I would crash I most likely would bleed out before an ambulance could get to me. Last year after chemo I rode over 600 miles without crashing but you never know when the next crash will be. While he was talking to me about that he said look, you are bleeding right now. I looked and blood was running down my arm and dripping on the chair. I have no idea what made my arm start bleeding. I should be done with Brilinta this month. It’s been a year since my last heart attack.

I’m signed up for an indoor ride this Saturday.

It will be my first time riding indoors with a bunch of people since Covid.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5d36a6a036eab42b8181fa341f3e517.jpeg

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

waiting until I’m off Brilinta to ride outside

Is there a set date for that or is it unknown at this point?

Yeah, I haven't crashed badly in a LONG time, but a few years ago, I crashed coming out of my driveway at the start of a ride and gashed my leg.  Wiped it off, and still went for a ride, but there was blood (and later a bruise), so even small BS crashes like that could be way worse for you :(

Stay safe, but also do what makes sense to you (you're pretty darn level headed).

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is there a set date for that or is it unknown at this point?

My next cardiology appointment is April 20. I may need to call them and see if it’s ok to stop taking it before then. If we ever get nice weather that will inspire me to make the call. It takes five days to get out of my system after I stop taking it. Almost all the snow has melted this week, I’m going to be getting antsy pretty soon. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I just got a call back from my cardiologist. I took my last Brilinta this morning. :skipping::slow-dance-smiley::hapydance::happyanim::party::cheerleader:

AWESOME!

Take it easy riding - or at least don't go crazy out there.  Next week will be nice weather - hopefully up there too!  Five days from now it will be 70+ here!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

It was my cardiologist that retired right before I had my heart trouble. They must have talked him into coming back to work. I really liked him. Well I really liked The PA that I have been seeing since he left. She is great too. Spends lots of time with me and acts like she really cares about my health. She is a lot cuter than Dr. Ron

• Awesome 1