I lied about being a vegan

JerrySTL

9 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I was out in my driveway cleaning a bike. An Omaha Steaks truck pulls up and the guy says that he has some extra steaks that he can sell me cheap. I'm thinking extra as in past their best-by date? I quickly told him that I was a vegan. He said that he understood and even said that I looked healthy.

I'm a little worried that I don't feel too bad about lying. In fact, I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with one so fast and effective.

It is admirable that you have trouble with lying.  Some can do it easily, and they do it to their doctors, lawyers, partners, friends, and acquaintances.  

14 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I was out in my driveway cleaning a bike. An Omaha Steaks truck pulls up and the guy says that he has some extra steaks that he can sell me cheap. I'm thinking extra as in past their best-by date? I quickly told him that I was a vegan. He said that he understood and even said that I looked healthy.

I'm a little worried that I don't feel too bad about lying. In fact, I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with one so fast and effective.

When I'm mowing the lawn and sweating, some unemployed or homeless types, walking by on their way to the liquor store on the corner, will call out and ask how much I'll pay them to mow the lawn.

I tell them I'm too poor to hire anyone.  They'll say, "That can't be right - you own a car."

Then I tell them it's the smallest, cheapest one on the block and if it didn't get great gas mileage I couldn't drive anywhere.  They look at my Honda Fit and they buy it.

I hope they're spreading the word.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

When I'm mowing the lawn and sweating, some unemployed or homeless types, walking by on their way to the liquor store on the corner, will call out and ask how much I'll pay them to mow the lawn.

I tell them I'm too poor to hire anyone.  They'll say, "That can't be right - you own a car."

Then I tell them it's the smallest, cheapest one on the block and if it didn't get great gas mileage I couldn't drive anywhere.  They look at my Honda Fit and they buy it.

I hope they're spreading the word.

How much did they want to mow the yard?

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

How much did they want to mow the yard?

$10 or $20 - even for a semi-good job - would be well worth it!  The cutting (pushing the mower) is easy but time consuming.  The weeding and edging is the real PITA.  Let them mow while you weedwack and edge, and at least it cuts down on the time.

• Heart 1