Moose and fox

dinneR

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Cool!  How often are you seeing moose?  It was funny watching that Phil Gaimon vid on his ride in the Tetons where he was all about spotting moose for his girlfriend :)  He went from "I've never seen a moose" to "They're everywhere!!!" 

They are everywhere. There are a few that hang out by my GF's place so I see some every time I go there. There are a few thousand elk on the refuge right now. 

Seeing a fox is cool. We don't see those every day.

4 minutes ago, denniS said:

Around here, once you know you have a fox and you have an idea of their territory, it is easier to spot them.  We have a tree line that one fox likes to patrol.  At my SiL's they have a fox that will regularly wander a certain route from the neighbors, across the street, and through their side yard.  But if you aren't paying attention, they cruise by quietly and unnoticed.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, denniS said:

They are everywhere. There are a few that hang out by my GF's place so I see some every time I go there. There are a few thousand elk on the refuge right now. 

We see foxes almost on a daily here.  Mostly these red dudes.

Creature Feature: Red Fox | Natural Resources Council of Maine

Every now and then we will see a silver (?) fox.  I think that they are actually someone's pets. 

The Silver Fox Animal Full Profile 2021- Animals Home

I would really like to see and possibly wrestle a Moose.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

We see foxes almost on a daily here.  Mostly these red dudes.

Creature Feature: Red Fox | Natural Resources Council of Maine

Every now and then we will see a silver (?) fox.  I think that they are actually someone's pets. 

The Silver Fox Animal Full Profile 2021- Animals Home

I would really like to see and possibly wrestle a Moose.

Moose are ornery beasts. Most of the time, they'll leave the trail when you are faced off with them. Occasionally, they stand their ground and I have to turn around. 

This one grunted and left the trail. We had no plan other than using bear spray if it kept walking toward us.

0924171423a.jpg

• Heart 1