So a taar was down to 20 pounds on Monday morning. Pumped it up to 32 and it is still at 32, What

Ralphie

22 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I moved the appointment back a day.  I guess owl err on the side of caution and get it checked oot.  I guess it must be a very slow leak.  Probably a $100 valve stem pressure sensor.

A sensor "kit" is only about 12 bucks.  If you have to replace the whole assembly in the rim, the good news is that prices are coming down.  Nissans are a bit famous for the sensor rusting out at the attach point to the rim and leaking there.  Many other brands just lose the seal at the top of the stem and a "kit" replacement fixes them.

40 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

A sensor "kit" is only about 12 bucks.  If you have to replace the whole assembly in the rim, the good news is that prices are coming down.  Nissans are a bit famous for the sensor rusting out at the attach point to the rim and leaking there.  Many other brands just lose the seal at the top of the stem and a "kit" replacement fixes them.

I am pretty sure Hondas of my vintage use the abs system so there should be no valve stem sensors. But I was charged a high price a few years ago for something like that. I don’t understand. 
Hmmm. This says 2013 is direct, which would explain the cost. But why feed a direct system to a single idiot light?  Seems like a misguided cost savings to me if that is the case. 

https://www.ateq-tpms.com/en-us/article/tpms-information-honda-civic/

42 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I am pretty sure Hondas of my vintage use the abs system so there should be no valve stem sensors. But I was charged a high price a few years ago for something like that. I don’t understand. 
Hmmm. This says 2013 is direct, which would explain the cost. But why feed a direct system to a single idiot light?  Seems like a misguided cost savings to me if that is the case. 

https://www.ateq-tpms.com/en-us/article/tpms-information-honda-civic/

at work we have several ATEQ leak detectors & mass flow meters :) They're a Michigan company.

The ABS has nothing to do w/ tire pressure monitoring. Tire pressure monitoring became mandatory in 2006, so if you're vehicle is older it most likely does not have it. If it did, you'd see a light on your dash.

Regarding your leak. I agree w/ @Square Wheels It could be that, or a rim leak. But either way depending how the wheel is oriented, it may or may not leak at a different rate. I've had this phenomena before. Keep an eye on it. Or look closely if you can see anything in the tire.

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

I guess it must be a very slow leak.  Probably a $100 valve stem pressure sensor.

Top 10 most common causes of a flat tire

Old aluminum wheels can sometimes can slightly corrode and the tire bead leaks.  (#4 on the linked list)  I've had that repaired at a local tire shop for $30.    I had 1 or 2 tire bead leaks on my Subaru, and 1 (or 2) valve stems that needed to be replaced too. 

Several years ago, WoBG's 97 Honda started having air loss problems.  She helped solve that, when I found a bent wheel.  The car got new wheels and tires 5 years ago.  No more leaks. 

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

have this problem. Discount tire keeps wanting me to buy wheels 

The local tire shop I found removes the wheel, and removes the tire.  If I recall, they used a powered wire brush, and cleaned the bead area.  Then they used some kind of tire bead sealer (almost tar like) and coated the inside of both tire beads, and maybe 1 inch into the wheel.  Then remounted the tires.   No leaks, for $30 for one wheel. 

Just now, Bikeguy said:

The local tire shop I found removes the wheel, and removes the tire.  If I recall, they used a powered wire brush, and cleaned the bead area.  Then they used some kind of tire bead sealer (almost tar like) and coated the inside of both tire beads, and maybe 1 inch into the wheel.  Then remounted the tires.   No leaks, for $30 for one wheel. 

Discount tire does that for free. But they keep telling me I should buy wheels.

I have a car tire that was losing about 3 lbs/week of pressure since November  Being lazy and not wanting to search in cold weather for the source and putting a plug in it - more likely replacing a plug, I just pumped it up with my 12V car air pump about every 4 weeks when my tire sensor said the pressure was low.  I haven't touched it since mid- January and it's fine.  I hope it doesn't go flat before April.