I have become something I did not think I would become

jsharr

25 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Hello, Jeffrey. Get over yourself.

And get your nose out of the air.

I like good coffee.  My morning coffee comes from the Speedway gas station - but it is a good roast and brewed on demand.  I will sometimes drink the coffee that others make in the office but they don't always do a good job of it.  I am not a snob but am slightly discriminating.

People that like to drink swill are OK in my book.  Coffee snobs are also OK in my book.

Brandon roasts good coffee.

• Heart 2

@jsharrwick we are like brothers from different mothers. I too am a coffee snob. I grind my beans every cup I brew using a Chemex pour-over method. Black with no dairy or sugar to detract from the coffee flavor. @maddmaxxis a monster but I can’t blame him, it’s the US Navy that ruined him. He’s still a good guy. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

@jsharrwick we are like brothers from different mothers. I too am a coffee snob. I grind my beans every cup I brew using a Chemex pour-over method. Black with no dairy or sugar to detract from the coffee flavor. @maddmaxxis a monster but I can’t blame him, it’s the US Navy that ruined him. He’s still a good guy. 

At least he is not Air Force.  Those guys have to have coffee made for them and brought to their bedside each morning by their DI, from what I hear.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

-r0aw5KWQ_OZ_x_-Q1NtrQ_r.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, jsharrwick said:

97FdGCDuuSDeGW5V11vArA_r.jpg

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I won't be able to drink any more coffee today.  Thanks a lot.

• Haha 1
  • Envious 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

Console yourself with the knowledge that coffee sucks, and it is an elaborate societal propaganda designed to separate you from something truly special in life, such as Zima, pizza, and tea.

Only weirdos and chicks drink tea. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Console yourself with the knowledge that coffee sucks, and it is an elaborate societal propaganda designed to separate you from something truly special in life, such as Zima, pizza, and tea.

eyochzCuGA4s90rIZMuvfQ_r.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I won't be able to drink any more coffee today.  Thanks a lot.

I know the feeling.  Since I already had my one a day allowed Starbucks k cup this morning I had to settle for a cheap k cup for the rare second cup.

5 minutes ago, denniS said:

I was once a coffee snob. I read every book about coffee and the history of coffee houses. Fascinating stuff.

I once owned a $5k espresso machine and $1k grinder. Now I use a $3 Melitta and call it good. 

Here's to you and your snobbery Jeff!

https://www.splendidtable.org/episode/2021/02/05/coffee-toast-with-cheryl-day-and-nick-cho

listening now.

8 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I know the feeling.  Since I already had my one a day allowed Starbucks k cup this morning I had to settle for a cheap k cup for the rare second cup.

Just use the first pod a second time.  The results will be the same and save you money! 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Just use the first pod a second time.  The results will be the same and save you money! 

I have the filter thingie for work, and bring my own coffee. A $9 bag of dunkin donut coffee last me about 20 days.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

:word: there is a local roaster near me that I buy from sometimes. Very good coffee. It's 10 miles away, so it makes a nice bike ride to get some.

SO5dEXQLK9rvJOQuM_d0LA_r.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

After more than 40 years of drinking the recycled battery acid they called coffee in truck stops, I am definitely not a coffee snob, but I do have preferences. McDonalds K cups from Costco are good enough for me.

• Heart 3
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Rattlecan said:

After more than 40 years of drinking the recycled battery acid they called coffee in truck stops, I am definitely not a coffee snob, but I do have preferences. McDonalds K cups from Costco are good enough for me.

dj1Wmv2dtyI81OLEtHYS5w_r.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

And get your nose out of the air.

I like good coffee.  My morning coffee comes from the Speedway gas station - but it is a good roast and brewed on demand.  I will sometimes drink the coffee that others make in the office but they don't always do a good job of it.  I am not a snob but am slightly discriminating.

People that like to drink swill are OK in my book.  Coffee snobs are also OK in my book.

Brandon roasts good coffee.

I hate agreeing with Kzoo, but this pretty much sums up how I feel. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

My parents used to make 3 cups into a carafe using two pods.  They found that a good trade off and it saved 50 cents.  

• Heart 3