Ugly Bob, it looks clean to me.

jsharr

I need one of those in my life.

I like the ability to go off the grid and park anywhere I like. My wife likes full hookups. I take a couple of bikes, maybe the big telescope. She parks herself in a lounge chair with her Kindle and go off and do my thing. It works for both of us.

• Heart 1

I need one of those in my life.

No you don't, the Expedition is a killer tow vehicle. So I recommend a 31 foot bunk house with at least one slide out. Had a great summer with ours. (Can't post pics from my phone)
  • Heart 2

I like the ability to go off the grid and park anywhere I like. My wife likes full hookups. I take a couple of bikes, maybe the big telescope. She parks herself in a lounge chair with her Kindle and go off and do my thing. It works for both of us.

I didn't find full hook up to be that big a deal, though maybe didn't have the water heater completely figured out. I actually preferred the campground showers and plenty of water in the tanks of the camper for ever thing else.

My inlaws just got a 31 foot with no slides. Class C. I really want a towable. (would love to have a class C but cannot justify it when I have the expedition).

Did you really pull a 31 BH with the Expe?

Compromises either way, but a travel trailers are cheaper to buy, maintain, and insure. Also nice not having to take/tow a vehicle. On long trips a motorhome would be nice, but most of the time I'm not going more than an hour or two so the travel trailer works perfect.

And definitely go with one slide minimum and the bunk houses rock with kids.

I like the class c because it's self contained. When we're on the road, the wife can hit the bathroom without me having to stop. The dogs seem much happier with room to roam instead of being limited to the backseat of the truck. If you get tired, you just pull over and go to bed; no setup required. I do have a tow dolly so I can bring a running around vehicle if I want, but I find I use the bikes more so most of the time I don't even bother.

If I had a few kids I would probably opt of the travel trailer. More square footage for the price...

• Heart 1

My inlaws just got a 31 foot with no slides. Class C. I really want a towable. (would love to have a class C but cannot justify it when I have the expedition).

Did you really pull a 31 BH with the Expe?

This is what I have

http://www.funtownrv.com/product/new-2014-forest-river-rv-wildwood-x-lite-262bhxl-206251-29

It's well under my tow rating and plenty of margin for cargo. Did Brookville once this summer and came in the hilly twisting way, Expe handled it with no problem. Thing really tows like a champ and had no issues running 70 on the interstate. I even passed people.
  • Heart 1

This is what I have

http://www.funtownrv.com/product/new-2014-forest-river-rv-wildwood-x-lite-262bhxl-206251-29

It's well under my tow rating and plenty of margin for cargo. Did Brookville once this summer and came in the hilly twisting way, Expe handled it with no problem. Thing really tows like a champ and had no issues running 70 on the interstate. I even passed people.

Cool.  Would love to get something like that. 

I like the class c because it's self contained. When we're on the road, the wife can hit the bathroom without me having to stop. The dogs seem much happier with room to roam instead of being limited to the backseat of the truck. If you get tired, you just pull over and go to bed; no setup required. I do have a tow dolly so I can bring a running around vehicle if I want, but I find I use the bikes more so most of the time I don't even bother.

If I had a few kids I would probably opt of the travel trailer. More square footage for the price...

After a summer camping about every weekend, we have 5th wheel envy

Cool. Would love to get something like that.

We paid less for ours than we could find a used one for. Modern Trailer sales in Anderson, might be worth the drive for you. Prices that good and easy to deal with.
  • Heart 1

Nowadays even a 3/4 ton truck is not enough for some of those behemoths.

Nah, they'll handle it. I was looking. Of course I'm an old farm boy and we are notorious for looking at max load ratings as merely a suggestion.
  • Heart 2

Thinking about a class B I think it is for me and the wife in a few years. The small ones just a bit bigger than a cargo van. There's only 2 of us, and a 20lbs mutt. Don't need a lot of room, and I'd expect a smaller one to be more frugal on gas and easier to drive.

One rainy weekend and it was amazing how small ours became.

No, they money I had set aside for the camper had to pay for some damn heart surgery.

Look at this as an opportunity. Tell G he now owes you and has to go to work after school to repay the debt. If you play your cards right,  you can hold this one over his head until he turns 18 and can tell you stuff it... :D

• Heart 2

Ford 390 with a really huge and I mean HUGE 2 barrel carb.  Damn...they sucked the gas.

Hey Longjohn...put the granddaughter on yer lap and let here steer that deerslayer. Gramps does the pedals.

I used to do that with my daughter when she was little. The look of determination on her face to keep the truck straight and level was a hoot.

Ford 390 with a really huge and I mean HUGE 2 barrel carb.  Damn...they sucked the gas.

Hey Longjohn...put the granddaughter on yer lap and let here steer that deerslayer. Gramps does the pedals.

I used to do that with my daughter when she was little. The look of determination on her face to keep the truck straight and level was a hoot.

It doesn't have power steering either.  I wouldn't recommend anyone under 150 lbs try to drive it.  I bought it from the service manager at a Ford dealership.  I ask him if he thought it was roadworthy enough to drive it to Virginia.  He said no problem mechanically, but when you get there you are going to be ready for a beer.  I just take it to a campground at a local lake and my son used to take it to the county fair and used it as headquarters for the parking crew he was in charge of.