Excellent Weekend / Beginning of Week

Zealot

Great ride Friday evening. Hunting Saturday morning was fun. Took grand kids to a parade Saturday afternoon. Another great ride Sunday morning and a wonderful time with grand kids at pumpkin patch! Then the best ride so far yesterday evening; cleaned some technical steeps I'd not cleaned yet. And we all carved pumpkins when I got home. The grand kids had a lot of fun making a mess!! Happy Halloween!

image_zpsa3b0af40.jpg

Today, jury duty...

• Heart 3

Wade and I recabled the 1983 Cannondale.  This is his first time with a road bike and he is learning it is not like a BMX or a hybrid.  Had a few spills trying to ride it on trails and such.

Ended up replaceing both brake cables, the rear derraileur and cable and rewrapping the bars.  He helped tear down, clean up and rebuild the used RD and he helped cut the cable housing, etc. 

I did the brake adjustment with his help.  He was asleep when I installed the RD and cable and chain and got that dialed in.

We did a 10 mile ride on vintage roadies on Sunday.  Wade was on the Cannondale and I was on my Falcon of England.  Sure would like to know what year it is, but have had no luck in finding that out so far.

Was pretty cool at one point, we had a guy on a CF Scott stop to check out our vintage steel and aluminum.

• Heart 2

Wade and I recabled the 1983 Cannondale. This is his first time with a road bike and he is learning it is not like a BMX or a hybrid. Had a few spills trying to ride it on trails and such.

Ended up replaceing both brake cables, the rear derraileur and cable and rewrapping the bars. He helped tear down, clean up and rebuild the used RD and he helped cut the cable housing, etc.

I did the brake adjustment with his help. He was asleep when I installed the RD and cable and chain and got that dialed in.

We did a 10 mile ride on vintage roadies on Sunday. Wade was on the Cannondale and I was on my Falcon of England. Sure would like to know what year it is, but have had no luck in finding that out so far.
Was pretty cool at one point, we had a guy on a CF Scott stop to check out our vintage steel and aluminum.

Do you got pics of the Cdale and Falcon?

I gotta do the pumpkin thing with the rugrats soon. The chickens will be happy. They love pumpkin guts.

My granddaughter thought that was the best part, pulling the guts out if the pumpkins. She was a total disaster when done! Then my daughter spent another hour separating the seeds to roast. Granddaughter helped her clean up at the end and threw the seeds in the trash . Daughter was in shock!!! :-D

I laughed so hard!

Do you got pics of the Cdale and Falcon?

Falcon.  Got for $10 at a garage sale.  Was on a ride with another forum friend and we passed a garage sale.  They were asking 20 for it  but all I had was 10.  The lady selling it said it was her fathers bike and he had it built and that he loved it.  She was glad it was being bought by someone who would take care of it.  Reynolds 501 main tubes.  Rebuilt with 105 group set, new Tektro levers, new saddle and the Alex wheelset off my Trek.

bikes004.jpg

Cannondale was another $10 garage sale find.  This is how it looked when I unloaded it and put the front wheel on for a quick photo shoot, so skewer is not closed in front.

Just recabled it for the second time and replace the Suntour MounTech RD with a different Suntour long cage deraileur and rewrapped the bars with Forte SL wrap in a metallic silver to match the Cannondale logos.  

100_2041.jpg

Will get a picture of Wade with it soon.  By the way, 1983 was the first year that Cannondale built a complete bike.  Prior to that it was clothing, bags, trailers and a few frames.  Pretty cool that I always sort of wanted a Cannondale when I was a kid and when I finally get one, it is from the first year they built one.

The Falcon is beautiful! The c dale pic no workie...

Here is the Falcon as she sat when I first brought her home.  

falcon002.jpg

Already has the Alex wheels in that picture instead of the Wolbers that she came with.  Rides like a dream.  I would like to upgrade to integrated brakes and shifters at some point, as this is my go to bike.  My 05 Trek 1200 just hangs in the garage now.

Glad you you had such a great weekend as well!

Here is the Falcon as she sat when I first brought her home.  

falcon002.jpg

Already has the Alex wheels in that picture instead of the Wolbers that she came with.  Rides like a dream.  I would like to upgrade to integrated brakes and shifters at some point, as this is my go to bike.  My 05 Trek 1200 just hangs in the garage now.

Glad you you had such a great weekend as well!

You did a nice job with it!! Ah come on, leave the down tube shifters on it. I think they're classy.

100_2041.jpg

Will get a picture of Wade with it soon.  By the way, 1983 was the first year that Cannondale built a complete bike.  Prior to that it was clothing, bags, trailers and a few frames.  Pretty cool that I always sort of wanted a Cannondale when I was a kid and when I finally get one, it is from the first year they built one.

Did Wade enjoy riding it?

My C Dale is a 91 model. Still love it, still think it's sexy as all get out. :-)

Did Wade enjoy riding it?

My C Dale is a 91 model. Still love it, still think it's sexy as all get out. :-)

Wade loves it.  He has been riding it a lot, which makes me happy.  He was just very hard on it, so we took some time to repair the damage and I have been showing him some road riding tips so he knows not to just bang around on it like it was a mountain bike.  He was so used to not looking for pot holes, uneven pavement, etc.  So we are talking about those things and as I cross them with him behind me, I show him how to handle them, etc.

Wade loves it.  He has been riding it a lot, which makes me happy.  He was just very hard on it, so we took some time to repair the damage and I have been showing him some road riding tips so he knows not to just bang around on it like it was a mountain bike.  He was so used to not looking for pot holes, uneven pavement, etc.  So we are talking about those things and as I cross them with him behind me, I show him how to handle them, etc.

Memories!