Paris-Nice starts Sunday

petitepedal

Just now, ChrisL said:

I really like the recaps on GCN Racing.  I like to watch Cyclocross live and the TDF but most races I’m good with the recaps. 

I rarely watch anything fully live.  I will watch a full event - especially the 1hr easy peasy cyclocross stuff, but usually only after the race is done and the race posted to watch.  The TdF, I'll assess the stage, and watch as much as reasonable. For a super flat stage with no winds?  It's likely a watch the pre-show, watch the start, and fast forward, watch a bit, fast forward, watch a bit, and then work my way to watching the final 30km-50km (usually the catch, regroup, and get the trains going).  A mountain stage I might watch from start to finish.  The Classics and Monuments are often full watches - some live, most recorded.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

And you can watch it on Peacock :cheerleader:

I just created a Peacock account, free because I have Comcast internet. Can I watch the race anytime after it starts, at a later time?

Edit: nevermind. I can't watch the race w/ the free version it seems :angry:

Edit Edit: I can get premium for free, I just need to get the "flex box" from Comcast, which is free.

I find Flo Bikes and then GCN better in general than Peacock for the smaller sorts of races.  It is a royal PITA, though, running through each to see which races are on which app, as the regions all have different licensing restrictions.  

Watched the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad on Flo (after it was posted for a rewatch), and spent about 30 mins watching the pre-race, the intros, the start, and a small break form.  Then, I jumped ahead in 30 min bursts to get to where the race was clearly under way and the eventual "real" action would take place.

Spoiler

Eventually, Jumbo had one guy take off for an attempt at a solo win. The others chased him down before the final climb, so then Wout made a huge acceleration up and over the climb and TT'ed to the finish line.

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I find Flo Bikes and then GCN better in general than Peacock for the smaller sorts of races.  It is a royal PITA, though, running through each to see which races are on which app, as the regions all have different licensing restrictions.  

Watched the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad on Flo (after it was posted for a rewatch), and spent about 30 mins watching the pre-race, the intros, the start, and a small break form.  Then, I jumped ahead in 30 min bursts to get to where the race was clearly under way and the eventual "real" action would take place.

Reveal hidden contents

Eventually, Jumbo had one guy take off for an attempt at a solo win. The others chased him down before the final climb, so then Wout made a huge acceleration up and over the climb and TT'ed to the finish line.

I like whatever is given to me at no additional charge :)

I made it from Paris to Nice in an hour or two.  By Air France.

Then we rented a car and drove to Cannes.  On the A8 Motorway was an exit sign for "Cap d’Agde."

J said, "I read about that place. It's a nudist town with 15 miles of Mediterranean beach and no clothing at all is allowed.

My mother called out from the back seat, "Well take the exit and let's look it over."

She was serious.  I talked her out of it.  Today, I'd probably think it was a good idea too.

• Haha 1