Anybody want to order some popcorn from Ryan to support Scouting?

jsharr

Can I just donate directly to the Scouts?   Don't programs like this take most of the money for themselves and give a fraction to the organization they claim to be helping?

OK, so I don't read very goodly, I see they give 70% of the money to Scouts, that's still a big take.  I'd be happy to donate directly, odr if not, I'll get some military popcorn.

OK, so I don't read very goodly, I see they give 70% of the money to Scouts, that's still a big take.  I'd be happy to donate directly, odr if not, I'll get some military popcorn.

Easiest way for all is to order online.  We get the same percentage either way, esp on military donations.

Recently, when leaving a local restaurant, I was propositioned for a donation to the Disabled American Veterans.  You could buy a candy bar or bars or you could just donate.  Lots of people were foregoing the candy and simply donating.  Most of the time, given the choice, I prefer to just make a straight donation.

Recently, when leaving a local restaurant, I was propositioned for a donation to the Disabled American Veterans.  You could buy a candy bar or bars or you could just donate.  Lots of people were foregoing the candy and simply donating.  Most of the time, given the choice, I prefer to just make a straight donation.

I have sent an email to my Unit Commissioner and to my District Executive for clarification.  I will let you know what I find out but seat of the pants, I would say a donation to our scout pack is just fine, if that is what you want to do.

I would say I would buy some, but that would be a lie... I already had a hard enough time trying to sell along with my kids this year for scouts... Seems like no one in our area is buying. 

Best of luck to you!!! 

Ryan is small for his age and cute as all get out.  He puts on his full uniform and goes and knocks on doors.  I just stand back and let the magic happen.  

He set a goal of $1000.00 for this year.  I think he might make it.  

You telling me my kids are ugly in the uniforms??
Our goal.was $1000, and only got 300 of it.. We got more $5 donations then sales..

attachicon.gifWP_20140928_10_35_16_Pro.jpg

GREAT LOOKING BOYS.  WAY MORE HANDSOME THAN THEIR DAD.  Also, that show and sell stuff does not work.  We stopped doing that.  Door to door with the sales sheet is the way to go.  

We tried the door to door.. Nothing sold, what I did find that works is having a credit card reader for my cell phone. Stops the "sorry all I have is plastic" comment:)

That sucks.  We do happen to live near Dallas, home of the BSA National Headquarters.  There are a lot of former scouts here.  And our scouts do a lot in the community, so people appreciate them.  We never have a hard time selling.  Sorry to hear that you do.

There is still time to get scammed and ripped off by my 10 year old son.  Order now.