Youse guys crack me up!!

smudge

10 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Well? :dontknow:

Wagon wheels fer shure. They are much tastier. (Is that a word?) I also like that they are made in Canada. The packaging is clear and simple; I like that too.

The Choco pies are mushy and not very flavorful. (I know that's a word!) They have hearty packaging that seems wasteful to me.

PhotoPictureResizer_20220305_084542_copy_768x1024.thumb.jpg.cbeffeb33667d41b7f6f2db06c6d7d18.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, smudge said:

made in Canada

The Dare HQ is in Kitchener Ontario which is right in Shootingstars' and my home stomping grounds. Dare is actually anglicized from Doerr back in the days when we wanted to distance ourselves from Germany and Berlin Ontario changed its name to Kitchener.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

The Dare HQ is in Kitchener Ontario which is right in Shootingstars' and my home stomping grounds. Dare is actually anglicized from Doerr back in the days when we wanted to distance ourselves from Germany and Berlin Ontario changed its name to Kitchener.

5 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

The Dare HQ is in Kitchener Ontario which is right in Shootingstars' and my home stomping grounds. Dare is actually anglicized from Doerr back in the days when we wanted to distance ourselves from Germany and Berlin Ontario changed its name to Kitchener

Interesting!

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

THIS!  

Moon pies are the bomb 💣 

@smudge needs a redo.

I am sorry but this argument is doomed for failure.. 

A redo will only prove my original statement that WW are far superior to MP.  

The only good thing about Moonpie is that was Cheeses nickname for his lovely wife.  

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am sorry but this argument is doomed for failure.. 

A redo will only prove my original statement that WW are far superior to MP.  

The only good thing about Moonpie is that was Cheeses nickname for his lovely wife.  

Kzoo 1

DaPig 0

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Good review, smudge!  That Choco Pie does look a mess, whereas the WW looks delectable. :)

My BiL brought a box of Choco Pies back home from South Korea where he’d been serving a tour for a few years. I remember them being crispy with less marshmallow than a Moon Pie and a nice treat. Maybe their unique origin colored my perception of their relative quality. Moon Pie is not widely available around here. Wagon Wheel is unheard of. 

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

My BiL brought a box of Choco Pies back home from South Korea where he’d been serving a tour for a few years. I remember them being crispy with less marshmallow than a Moon Pie and a nice treat. Maybe their unique origin colored my perception of their relative quality. Moon Pie is not widely available around here. Wagon Wheel is unheard of. 

The pic here sure doesn't look crispy, but that would be a game changer if it is!  I am not familiar with any of this garbage. :D

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

They probably keep the good ones for themselves. The "irregulars" or "seconds" get sent to those fat Americans who will eat anything.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, smudge said:

Vanilla and banana.

HoSmudge said I can't eat everything, so I have to wait for another day to try them. Or I will just have to tell him to go back to camp!!

Feed the banana ones to wildlife but the vanilla ones are good

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:59 PM, Airehead said:

Feed the banana ones to wildlife but the vanilla ones are good

I tried a banana one. It was ok. The woodland creatures will not be getting any of them.

The very pleasant surprise is the vanilla ones!! I'm gonna say it: my name is smudge, and I like vanilla Moon Pies.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I would like to share with him, but he is close-minded about many things. Dark chocolate is one of them. 

I eat a lot of nuts but not many pecans. No reason; just works out that way. I like them. Nice to have pecans in chocolate.

I may have to send this branch of the Sunshine Committee some chocolates from a local company. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, smudge said:

And the insanity continues.....

Got another package today. Import from Canada.

IMG_20220316_175619506_copy_800x600.jpg.cf63b767254d924ae07319cfef3fe929.jpg

This one is a little different. No real or fake graham cracker. Instead it has maybe a red velvet cake in there?? It's a fairly fragile treat; the layers don't stay together well and the chocolate coating flakes off. But let me tell you, it is very yummy!! And I am happy to report it is the largest off all the treats! I foolishly shared one with HoSmudge before I knew how yummy they are.

IMG_20220316_175801712_copy_1024x768.thumb.jpg.753576889a0692421097d102e17a4aa3.jpg

Ah, but it is a red velvet Gâteaux not a cake. Gâteaux is much more pretentious.

Actually, it's just chocolate cake, but red velvet sounds so much fancier.