Do You Have Nightmares?

Razors Edge

I gotta say, my night time dreams are almost 100% fun, enjoyable, and/or weird.  I can't remember my last "nightmare", so I wonder how many people actually have nightmares and how frequent they are.  I generally wake up after a dream and wish I could fully remember it or "drop back" into it for a little while more.  I'd assume folks with nightmares wake and are happy to get some distance instead?

• Heart 1

I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare, but I had a recurring bad dream theme.

I'm looking for something and can't find it: an item, an address, a person. a classroom, etc.  I keep looking and looking in the dream and never find it, then wake up.

Maybe it's a subconscious thing that I haven't found something I need.  When I figure that out, maybe the dreams will find whatever I'm looking for.

I hope it's April Bowlby or Anna Faris.

• Heart 1

Once in a while. The ones I remember are that my family is being harmed, but I cannot do anything or get to them. Most recently, I dreamt that we were driving along a snow packed mountain road, and mr. stopped to help the driver in front of us get unstuck. He stepped too close to the edge of the road, it crumbled beneath his foot, and he fell over the edge of a cliff. I could only watch from the passenger seat. It was horrible. I awoke feeling sick. 

• Hugs 4

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Most of my dreams are where you just can't get there from here.  There is always some insurmountable issue that keeps me from being able to do what I need to do.  

This and when I am awake too. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

I've had some pretty bad ones.  Lately they are mostly happy.  Last night I had a wonderful dream where I was walking about at Xanadu and there was a depression where water was dumping in, like a creek.  Oh, I so wish, but I digress here.  This depression had rocks and things were squirming around and it was newts and frogs.  I was thrilled and ran toward the house yelling for Trail Boss to come look at my friends.  They were big fat frogs.  So cool.

• Heart 2

Rarely, but when I do, they are vivid. When Reagan had the Russians ready to launch nukes, I had a very vivid dream of trying to survive the holocaust. I didn’t sleep well for a couple nights. 
I remember being chased by a grizzly bear. I woke before he caught me, but I woke scared and breathless. 
Last one was a couple year ago after reading about the Yellowstone super volcano. Again a dream of trying to escape the carnage and survive. 

I don't have nightmares.   (or maybe I do???)

I STILL have dreams about work, problems, issues, etc...  and I've been retired for 4 1/2 years.  Just last night I had a dream that I was going to retire soon.  :blink:

I guess I had a lot of stress on my job.   I'm very happy I retired.

• Heart 1

I keep dreaming they keep calling me back to work because they have a job they can’t run. I tell them it’s not my problem, I’m retired. The next thing I know I have my work boots and hard hat on and I’m showing them how you have to run this job. Those dreams should stop, the forge is gone. They ran their last order December 31st.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

45 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The country of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Forge bought them out and moved operations to Wisconsin.

That would be a long commute in your dream to help at the forge.   You will need one of these to get there sooner.  @Wilbur can probably teach you what you need to know.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

That would be a long commute in your dream to help at the forge.   You will need one of these to get there sooner.  @Wilbur can probably teach you what you need to know.

Oh don’t give my subconscious brain any ideas.

Now I want one of those cars. Can you imagine how many women I could get if I drove one of those?