Tell me what tire brand you have on your vehicle and how happy you are with them.

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Michelin, and I'm happy w/ them. IIRC I bought the 50k mile taars, and the mileage rating is accurate. The vehicle came w/ Continental, and those were good too. I can't tell the difference.

Michelin are low in stock right now.  :scratchhead:

• Sad 1

Goodyear, very pleased with them. When my wife bought them I thought she was crazy to spend that much on tires but they give good traction and have held up for many years. When I was getting brakes on a couple weeks ago I noticed how good the tread still was and they are wearing perfectly even.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When you don't buy tires often, you fall out of touch.  I remember when Toyo were highly rated and Pirelli.  I don't know anything about them anymore. 

I've only bought Goodyear & Michelin. Typically I only buy one set per vehicle because I don't drive much. When I had my Grand Prix, I bought these.

nascar-133A4997-700-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Heart 1

Nitto Terra Grapplers on the Tahoe.  Wade says they are awesome.  Quiet and smooth on the highway and decent off road traction.  From Discount Tire and very highly reccomended.

Falken Pro G5 CSV on the Chrysler.  No complaints.  Smooth, quiet, good wet and dry performance.  Seem to wear well.  

Cooper CS5 Grand Touring on the Jeep Patriot.  Again, smooth and quiet and no complaints.  Mainly city driving for our son until the Kia gets a new engine.

• Heart 1

I usually buy Goodyear. I'm familiar with their products, I've always had good luck with them, and its hard to spit and not hit a Goodyear dealer anywhere I go. I think if I were to replace the Falkens (which by the way, aren't so bad, once I learned their limits) on the CX 9, I'd go with the mid priced Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.

• Heart 1

I have Goodyear Wranglers on my pickup. I bought the front pair from Discount Tire. I was short on cash so just bought a pair at the time. When I went to replace the rears, Discount Tire said I would have to get a matching set at Walmart because they bought exclusive rights to the tire. Discount was honest enough to say all they had that would fit had much more aggressive tread. Very happy with the tires, though. 

I have had Nokians WRG for 20 years. They are all seasons so no change overs. I had the hakkapalittas for 2 winters but the change over was a hassle 2x's a year. The WRG have 50k mileage warranty. It's pretty accurate. I started with them when I was going over the pass to Bend every week. Never a problem

Wait....is this for the airplane? I don't think they are speed rated

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Great place to research is tirerack.com and get an idea for prices.

Limited selection for the Mini as run-flats. Bridgestone Drive Good Eco. This was a replacement tire set @30,000 miles on the OEM Bridgestones, now at 63,000 miles and should make it to 70k at which point I hope to not have the car. I think these were better, and rated for longer treadlife than the OEM's that were dealer replacement only. I think current models have switched OEM's to either Conti or Pirelli. Michelin doesn't make a run-flat, using a different system. Overall, I have been happy with the performance.

Wifes 2012 Fiat had OEM ContiPro Contact on an optional 16" wheel. You don't want my opinion on the tires (or the dog of a car) as about the only time I drive it is to the gas station every couple of months.  Still on them with 22,000 miles and looking to replace due to age. Reviews were so so on the Conti's and may switch to a higher rated Pirelli at about the same price. Not going to pay the premium for Michelin unless here is a good sale on a set of 4.

• Heart 1

Serious answer.  I have no advice at all for SUV tires.  My only advice would be to look for wet traction numbers on all season tires.  Unless you want dedicated snow tires most struggle a bit in snow and ice conditions and the results are often more on the driver.  IMO you are more likely to have an emergency situation in the rain.  However I don't worry much about road noise or plush ride.  I want my car to go where it's pointed.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Cooper --> cheap

I always liked a quality Goodyear tire. It's not like I need high performance, though. With the Forester, you just have to keep the right side up. It's not like I'm going to do anything else with it anyway.

I picture your vehicles and trailers with a rotating mish-mash of different brand tires and tread patterns. :D 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Light SUV, mostly highway driving.  I have snowies. 

My 2010 Subaru Forester now has Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires.   They are all season that are also severe snow service rated.  They are the best tires that I've used on the Subaru.

WoBG's 97 Honda Prelude has Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires.  Mostly for the incredible traction they provide.   The first time she used the car with the new tires (and new wheels) she told me, "it's like the car is on rails."     Yeah...  I can confirm, the car has incredible handling on curves. 

My 2016 Prius after the original tires wore out, the tires I wanted I couldn't get.  :(  And that was in January of 2020, before all the supply chain issues.  I went with Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus tires for the car.  That was for the low rolling resistance.  Of course that makes them now so good in snow.  So I just drive the Subaru until the roads are clear.

• Heart 1

MIchelins on the truck. I get about 60k per set. They're fine, the truck is noisy.

Wo2 bought 80Ks for the van 5 years ago. 4k miles later & they're still good. They're a little hard.

Years ago, Goodyear had Aquatreads, unidirectional taars. Spendy, but OMG they were the best evah in the rain. Decent life.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

In October I put Michelin Crossclimates (m&s) tires on our Rav4.  I love them and find them a way better tire in heavy rain and snow than the Perilli's I had on before

Same here. They are winter rated all season tires. Highly rated on Consumer Report. I don't have the space to store extra tires so I went with these.

Top pick: The Michelin CrossClimate2 stands out as the best performance all-season tire with its uncompromising grip. It’s one of a new breed of all-weather tires, an emerging category that uses unique tread designs and enhanced rubber compounds to increase traction across a broad temperature range. Based on our treadwear tests, we project a 85,000-mile tread life for the CrossClimate2. This superb performance all-season tire does not need to be swapped for winter/snow tires when seasons change unless you live in an extremely snowy area.

Michelin CrossClimate 2 Tire: rating, overview, videos, reviews, available sizes and specifications

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, denniS said:
4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

In October I put Michelin Crossclimates (m&s) tires on our Rav4.  I love them and find them a way better tire in heavy rain and snow :party: than the Perilli's I had on before   

Same here. They are winter rated all season tires. Highly rated on Consumer Report. I don't have the space to store extra tires so I went with these.

Top pick: The Michelin CrossClimate2 stands out as the best performance all-season tire with its uncompromising grip. It’s one of a new breed of all-weather tires, an emerging category that uses unique tread designs and enhanced rubber compounds to increase traction across a broad temperature range. Based on our treadwear tests, we project a 85,000-mile tread life for the CrossClimate2. This superb performance all-season tire does not need to be swapped for winter/snow tires when seasons change unless you live in an extremely snowy area.

I didn't want to have a set of snow tires and a set 3 season tires.   I also wanted better traction on snow. 

Like I said...   They are the best tires that I've used on the Subaru.  

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I didn't want to have a set of snow tires and a set 3 season tires.   I also wanted better traction on snow. 

Like I said...   They are the best tires that I've used on the Subaru.  

I've only had mine a couple months. So far, I like how they handle on snow, dry pavement, and gravel roads. Ice can still be sketchy, but really studded tires are the best way to deal with ice. I think the weight of the car makes a difference. I like how these tires handle on my GF's Outback better than my Crosstrek. I slide around more in my car than hers.

How long have you had yours and how often do you rotate them? Has the tread held up well?

Goodyear Forteras on the Acadia.  Pirelli P7s on the Riviera.  I always check the reviews on TireRack.com  Some tire models work great on some cars, not so good on others, and you can find out how well they work on your make and model of cars.  I do not buy rim protectors.  Tires are your connection to the road.  They have to be good, since your life may depend on them.  I want tires with the best handling characteristics first, then I look at heat resistance, tread life, and road noise.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, denniS said:

How long have you had yours and how often do you rotate them? Has the tread held up well?

I got them back in September of 2020.  They have been rotated once.   The tires are unidirectional, so it's just a front to back rotation.  Only 7000 miles on the tires. The virus and being retired... we drove a lot less than usual.

That said... the tread still looks new.   I've used them for 2 winters now.  They have a LOT more traction than the old tires.   More traction in the rain too.  

I used to slip and slide a lot with the old tires. I could pull up to a stop sign, and accelerate use just a bit more gas, and steer with the gas pedal. That's a lot more difficult now, but it still can be done.  (turn off the traction control, put the auto trans in manual mode, and have fun. I just love the Subaru AWD, it's more like 4 wheel drive)

Ice..  yeah.. that's always slick.   Then again, my old tires the ABS would kick in MANY times, now that doesn't happen much anymore. 

Yeah... I love these tires.

• Heart 2

$165 for a tire is a lot but they have like a 90k warranty and it’s considered very safe. My wife drives that car so if I kill myself because I cut corners, well I’ll have to live with myself in the afterlife. If my wife dies in this life, then I’m going to have to live with that and that would not make fun for living. 

• Heart 1