currently 61° & windy

bikeman564™

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

High 70s but WINDY and damp.  My ride yesterday - meant to be an easy peasy ride - turned into a sufferfest returning 20 miles into a headwind.  Yowza. I need to read more about weather conditions before a ride.  Today's ride may be even tougher.

I use to detest side winds more than headwinds, but neither were very enjoyable.

• Heart 1

Just now, sheep_herder said:

I use to detest side winds more than headwinds, but neither were very enjoyable.

It was sort of the worst of both - the cross-headwind.  So, I got a little boost going out, but wasn't aware too much of it as I was taking it easy.  But coming back, it was with full on headwind, or coming just off the side and still pushing me around.  My rides are often crosswinds as the weather comes up from the SW and I and usually headed W/NW out (S/SE in). Yesterday seemed more full winds out of the south.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

It was sort of the worst of both - the cross-headwind.  So, I got a little boost going out, but wasn't aware too much of it as I was taking it easy.  But coming back, it was with full on headwind, or coming just off the side and still pushing me around.  My rides are often crosswinds as the weather comes up from the SW and I and usually headed W/NW out (S/SE in). Yesterday seemed more full winds out of the south.

The local cycling group use to plan their rides with a tail wind coming home. Most of the members moved away, so now it is just a few individuals cycling.