from my kitchen window

MoseySusan

Go to solution Solved by Philander Seabury,

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Very nice pic.  You have buds already?

Barely on this Crabapple. The Bradford Pear has buds. Only three bulbs have emerging leaves. It’s been dryyyyy here. 

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Barely on this Crabapple. The Bradford Pear has buds. Only three bulbs have emerging leaves. It’s been dryyyyy here. 

Unfortunately, while the snow and ice will melt today in a freak 60 degf storm, I'm sure we will return to freezing for another couple of weeks.

5 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I think you’re right.

They are one of my favorites.  It is common to see them flitting from bush to tall trees as they eat the berries off some of the flowering plants.  They are common where we would camp by one bike area.  

5 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cedar waxwing, I think.  

I used a Google image search.  Google was wrong telling me it was a Bohemian Waxwing.   

Then on the web site, I clicked on 'Similar Species' and the Cedar Waxwing appeared.  Yeah.. its a Cedar Waxwing.    I learned something today...  I can relax now. 

image.thumb.png.454b4a53b0342dc38366bb739534c4f1.png

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I used a Google image search.  Google was wrong telling me it was a Bohemian Waxwing.   

Then on the web site, I clicked on 'Similar Species' and the Cedar Waxwing appeared.  Yeah.. its a Cedar Waxwing.    I learned something today...  I can relax now. 

image.thumb.png.454b4a53b0342dc38366bb739534c4f1.png

I knew it was.  I didn't want to sound like a know it all.  We have them often out here.  I quite love birds and nature.

Look at that bird with it's berry.  They like that.

• Heart 1

I didn't get a picture, but two robins were search for worms, etc. in my yard this morning.

I had two pairs who built nests in my yard before the fire and before I had my one big tree cut down.

I wonder if this is one of the pair and if they've moved to my neighbor's trees.

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cedar waxwing, I think.  

Yes. We're in their range, but it's a rare sighting for our backyard. There were four of them yesterday! They're not back again today.

• Thank You 1