YIR

jsharr

1 minute ago, jsharrwick said:

Yesterday I spoke at the Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Gary Sun.  To date, this is one of, if not the most meaningful Eagles that I have had the pleasure to know.  Gary is an incredible kid.  His very first campout with the Troop in 2015, we were racing derby cars down a hill and he was involved in a crash and broke his leg.  He came back and went to summer camp in cast.   He has never, not once, said NO when asked to lead or serve in our Troop.

I had tears in my eyes as this young man told me I taught him what leadership looked like.  

I will wear the mentor pin he honored me with pride and remember that these young men are watching us and learning from us, whether we know it or not.

That's cool, but what is the R mean in YIR?

#confusedinWY

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Yesterday I spoke at the Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Gary Sun.  During his court of honor, Gary honored me by giving me an Eagle Scout Mentor Pin.  To date, this is one of, if not the most meaningful Eagles that I have had the pleasure to know.  Gary is an incredible kid.  His very first campout with the Troop in 2015, we were racing derby cars down a hill and he was involved in a crash and broke his leg.  He came back and went to summer camp in cast.   He has never, not once, said NO when asked to lead or serve in our Troop.

I had tears in my eyes as this young man told me I taught him what leadership looked like.  

I will wear the mentor pin he honored me with pride and remember that these young men are watching us and learning from us, whether we know it or not.

Nominated 

• Heart 3