Productive weekend

Dirtyhip

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

I wasnt as productive as I wanted to be :whistle: but this way I can look forward to next weekends to do list :D

As I loaded the washer, I wondered how many loads you got done this weekend.  

When I get to Sunday night, I get bummed out if the house isn't clean.  I always want to start fresh.  It was hard to get it all done after spending all the time outdoors this weekend.  

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

wondered how many loads you got done this weekend.  

3....I had a bunch of workout clothes this week...the plus for me is I can do several loads at once...

I did make 2 pizzas and had neighbors over..so I picked up parts of the house I wouldn't have...if they hadn't come over :whistle:

• Heart 1

I’ve been so focused on getting the house projects done that we haven’t been exploring the area that much. Looking to change that next week.  
This weekend, WoW got her hair completed (looks great!) and I built a workbench in the garage 

• Heart 2

Just now, Randomguy said:

I was at the gf's place this weekend.  Before I left, I made sure that all the dishes were clean and put away, kind of my gift to myself for when I returned.

I like the end of your sentence, put away.

There are some in this house that think things magically get put in their place.  I am not mentioning any names here.  HAHA  I don't give him any grief about it.  Let be real.  We know who did the lions share of the hard work this weekend, installing waterlines, and improving the home drainage.  It wasn't the dish doer.  ;)

• Heart 3

Saturday, we rented one of those little Mantis rototillers @ HD. Wo2 tilled her flower garden in the corner of the wall. We had been adding a bunch of soil & conditioners & the corpses of potted plants for about the last 2 years. She was chuffed. I ran the tiller back over it on Sunday & took the tiller back. I'll bet we didn't use a pint of fuel.

11 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Took in the recycling, which we had a ton on from a local gathering.  Like $20 in cans. 

I've got 2 1/2 bins of glass to take to recycling. ZERO $$$ :(

Two rides, errands, collecting tax bits, and installed a standing desk was about all I got done.  Pretty good overall.

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

If they are not going to pay you for it just dump it in the bike lane like everyone else does.

They suggest two things - 1) take glass to recycling points around the county, or 2) throw away in the trash.  What they prohibit (or strongly discourage and tell you not to do) is put it in with other recyclables.

Honestly, they need to also tell folks to just trash their plastic junk too.  I'd rather just recycle aluminum and paper, and save them dealing with the plastic nonsense.