What are your thoughts

Parsnip Totin Jack
Go to solution Solved by Wilbur,

On a pot filler over the stove? Wo7 asked me to think about it. I think they’re bougie and not really necessary but she would struggle filling a large pot with water and carrying it to the stove. Not that she cooks very often. Left to her own devices, she’d make a bowl of cereal.

• Confused 1

I tend to think the more stuff there is, the more things that can go wrong.  But I"m not a cook so it doesn't seem that important to me.  If it's something that would be used frequently, little things can make a difference.

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

I only have to walk about 3 steps, so I just didn't see the importance. 

I would not call it important, at all.  But when we stay at our big vacation homes and cook for the whole family (14-15 people) it just  makes it nice.  A big assed 6 or 8 burner stove, big assed pots.  Filling them at the stove.  I just enjoy having it.  If you don't cook liek that often then prob not worth it.  

It's something I would want if building a home.  Not something I would add if I already had a home.  

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I only have to walk about 3 steps, so I just didn't see the importance. 

The solution.

Sure, if it's there, I might use it, but I don't fill pots with massive amounts of water too often.  Seems overkill for me, but not a commercial kitchen.

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Maybe she thinks you would like it, but wouldn't do it for yourself?  Your gift to you or somesuch.

Is your sink far?  If not, I would pass.  How do you like the new stove?

I like the new stove, it’s working well. I haven’t been able to connect the stove to the house network yet. The air fryer feature won’t work until I do. It’s something controlled by my smartphone. Mostly, I’m using the small upper oven and I’m getting better at judging the heat levels of the burners. 

26 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I would not call it important, at all.  But when we stay at our big vacation homes and cook for the whole family (14-15 people) it just  makes it nice.  A big assed 6 or 8 burner stove, big assed pots.  Filling them at the stove.  I just enjoy having it.  If you don't cook liek that often then prob not worth it.  

It's something I would want if building a home.  Not something I would add if I already had a home.  

I never cook for more than 8.  Cooking for ten or more makes my head explode.  My parties are modest these days.  It was not important for us. 

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

On a pot filler over the stove? Wo7 asked me to think about it. I think they’re bougie and not really necessary but she would struggle filling a large pot with water and carrying it to the stove. Not that she cooks very often. Left to her own devices, she’d make a bowl of cereal.

Also, you just moved there, and this is your BEST time to get it done, so that's something to weigh.  If I was selling my home soon, I would install one to fit the "profile", but the other good time to install stuff is early so you get the maximum use out of it.  

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Also, you just moved there, and this is your BEST time to get it done, so that's something to weigh.  If I was selling my home soon, I would install one to fit the "profile", but the other good time to install stuff is early so you get the maximum use out of it.  

It is another elbow to leak too.  Another faucet for potential replacement later.