I Know I Am A Dick...

Razors Edge

...but some folks make it too easy :D

I was rolling home yesterday, minding my own business, and enjoying the BEAUTIFUL (if breezy) weather.  As I approached an intersection at the bottom of a descent, I passed a guy on his TT rig, and thought, "Oh boy, now that dude is gonna be lingering behind me for all the upcoming flats and descents."  He was slow when I passed him, but I know that's how those guy roll - slow on hills, fast on flats & descents.  Anyway, passed him and started the little series of climbs before the pending series of "easy stuff", and seemingly had a nice gap on him.  Then the two prolonged descents & flats, and he swooshed past me relatively quickly - I said hi and he ignored me. :o  A large gap was created on that stretch, but the equalizing punchy little climbs were fast approaching, and low and behold, there he was again 20 feet in front of me.  I then just did my patented dick moveTM of sitting back there and matching his pace. :D  He'd drop into the aerobars, pedal for a bit, sit back up, look behind him, then back into aerobars, rinse and repeat many times.  Considering the massive aero advantage of a TT set-up (he lacked a skin suit or aero helmet, though), I would say he was not yet into his season.  Eventually, as I neared the end of my ride, I started chatting with him. He had an Aussie accent, so that made him less annoying (TT folks are generally annoying).  In any case, it was fun day in the saddle, and always fun to give the aero crowd a hassle or two.

TT-guy.thumb.jpg.7f696619201621949313444d30562955.jpg

• Heart 2