I Am Often Told...

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by MoseySusan,

...that men have it easy while aging vs how women age  Men's bodies seem to react differently to growing older, and it is "unfair" that fat, muscle, and other changes don't hit men as hard. Some men even get better looking over time.

Is this true or is my wife just sipping too much coffee in the AM and I am too drowsy to put up a reasonable counter argument?

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

You don't look Old IMO.

Older than 10 years ago.  HAHA

Thank, BTW.  I wsan't fishing.  It's just a fact.  Lip lines, crows feet and significant forehead lines.  It just happens.  Happy that I am old enough to start to see this.  This is a luxury.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Older than 10 years ago.  HAHA

Thank, BTW.  I wsan't fishing.  It's just a fact.  Lip lines, crows feet and significant forehead lines.  It just happens.  Happy that I am old enough to start to see this.  This is a luxury.

welcome.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

We all age. Genetics play a part. My husband is very attractive in middle age. I feel that I am looking old. YMMV. 

Women are quite tough on themselves about aging. Men seem to take it more in stride.  

I still think society in general is more "negative" on how women look when they get into their 50's onward.... even if she has nice wrinkles because the woman happens to have nice facial bone structure.

• Hugs 2

Some of it is self-perpetuating....many women dyeing their hair hide grey, etc.

In 21st century, what might have changed a wee bit, is now a woman in her 50's and up and if she clearly keeps fit, that is more respected  nowadays, than just trying to look sexy. It is more women participating in physical fitness activities into those decades compared to 100 yrs. ago, that may change negative attitudes abit among all generations (of both genders) and men in general.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...that men have it easy while aging vs how women age  Men's bodies seem to react differently to growing older, and it is "unfair" that fat, muscle, and other changes don't hit men as hard. Some men even get better looking over time.

Is this true or is my wife just sipping too much coffee in the AM and I am too drowsy to put up a reasonable counter argument?

Didn't you say you were losing your hair? Is she?

9 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I see a some old guys at the gym. I do not see many old gals.

FWIW, children make you age.

Maybe depends on the type of gym?  From CrossFit, to one with pools or lots of classes, to simple equipment & weights?

My wife is the "gym rat" - hitting the gym 5-6 times a week - mainly for classes. I'm the "I gotta be outside to exercise type."  She has tons of female friends (and rivals) from the gym.  It seems like a social club or high school sometimes from the stories I hear.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

From the profiles I read most women go to the gym three or more times a week.

I thought I was aging ok until last year. Then with my recent weight and muscle gain I thought I was starting to look better. I only see myself from the front when I look in a mirror. Amy just posted pictures from the fund raiser from the side. I still look like I have to run around in the shower to get wet.

F9B039FC-ED9C-411F-8830-030BA4337C53.jpeg

54CF97ED-576E-42B6-99C2-25AC4C1B248A.jpeg

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

From the profiles I read most women go to the gym three or more times a week.

I thought I was aging ok until last year. Then with my recent weight and muscle gain I thought I was starting to look better. I only see myself from the front when I look in a mirror. Amy just posted pictures from the fund raiser from the side. I still look like I have to run around in the shower to get wet.

F9B039FC-ED9C-411F-8830-030BA4337C53.jpeg

54CF97ED-576E-42B6-99C2-25AC4C1B248A.jpeg

Still look good. Just need to keep adding some pounds, but you really look good - and even more so considering the past few years.  Impressive, actually.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe depends on the type of gym?  From CrossFit, to one with pools or lots of classes, to simple equipment & weights?

My wife is the "gym rat" - hitting the gym 5-6 times a week - mainly for classes. I'm the "I gotta be outside to exercise type."  She has tons of female friends (and rivals) from the gym.  It seems like a social club or high school sometimes from the stories I hear.

Maybe. Planet Fitness. No pool. No classes.

I prefer to be outdoors. Travel, weather & life frequently complicate things.

Timing may be involved. I go before work during the week & in by 8:00 AM on Sat/Sun.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Wo46 is not a gym rat but she does workout 6 to 7 days a week. We have a treadmill, weights and all the other fun stuff at home. 

• Heart 1

• Solution

Fat cells make estrogen. Lots of women parts like estrogen, and when their endocrine system stops making enough, fat comes to the rescue. It’s a beautiful thing. Shapely hips and belly, rounder breasts… along with the sparkle of wisdom in her eyes and confidence earned through experience. It’s a good season to be a woman. No comparison. 

• Awesome 2
  • Hugs 1