Jump to content

On the replacement battery for my vacuum


donkpow
 Share

OEM or aftermarket battery  

2 members have voted

  1. 1. Should I buy a replacement battery and charger assemble for my Dyson vacuum from Dyson or in the aftermarket.

    • Dyson $129 plus shipping
      1
    • Aftermarket local @ BatteriesPlus $104
      1


Recommended Posts



We have a small Cuisinart blender with a couple of plastic pieces cracked a little. It's still functional. I just looked up the price for the replacement parts and it's only $11 less than an entire new unit. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dyson replacement is probably very similar to the aftermarket battery pack. I don't think Dyson manufactures their own batteries. Both have a one year warranty. That's better than the Amazon batteries at 90 days. I'm leaning heavily towards going over there and getting it here in town. No shipping costs, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I'm leaning heavily towards going over there and getting it here in town. No shipping costs, too.

Gas is like $50/gal now!!!!  Take the shipping option and avoid having to refill the tank on your car! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, denniS said:

I hate to state the obvious, but you know how I fixed mine.

Pray tell. :)

58 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Gas is like $50/gal now!!!!  Take the shipping option and avoid having to refill the tank on your car! 

BatteriesPlus is not going to make it to my preferred vendors list. The web site says they were getting low on inventory at the local store and I could check the other 3 stores. They offered me a 10% discount if I bought it online and picked it up in the store. Okay, so I didn't fall for any of that. I went to the store and checked with the intent to buy. None in the store. None in the other stores. The vendor who supplies BatteriesPlus doesn't have any. This is not unexpected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, donkpow said:

BatteriesPlus is not going to make it to my preferred vendors list. The web site says they were getting low on inventory at the local store and I could check the other 3 stores. They offered me a 10% discount if I bought it online and picked it up in the store. Okay, so I didn't fall for any of that. I went to the store and checked with the intent to buy. None in the store. None in the other stores. The vendor who supplies BatteriesPlus doesn't have any. This is not unexpected.

Quit your whining and buy a vacuum with a power cord.  100v plugged into the wall.  What's this battery crap?  It's not a drill.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Gas is like $50/gal now!!!!  Take the shipping option and avoid having to refill the tank on your car! 

Soon, shipping will be $100. 

Get panniers for you bike. 

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I went ahead and got the battery from Dyson. $150 total. The bastards. I was worried about the multitude of cheap battery packs. Something is wrong with that picture. So I dismissed that idea. The one I was looking at from a reputable wholesaler was a concession with likely less that spec batteries but good enough for a little less money. Unfortunately, that product is sold out just about everywhere and I only buy from a few trusted sites online. I'm assuming that is the supply chain issue. Anyway, I'll be ready to chase fleas in just a couple of weeks.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...