Jump to content

Do you have a lot of color in your wardrobe, or are you pretty neutral?


Kirby
 Share

Recommended Posts

When it comes to your clothes, do you have a lot of color or is your whole wardrobe black, gray, white and beige?  Does it depend on the season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Bike jerseys are mostly high-viz. tee shirts are whatever color they chose for the event. My jeans are mostly blue, one pair black and one raw denim. My socks are pretty much all black.

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Bike jerseys are mostly high-viz. tee shirts are whatever color they chose for the event. My jeans are mostly blue, one pair black and one raw denim. My socks are pretty much all black.

...and we know you don't bother with underwear!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been using a Lenten devotional series that links Van Gogh’s paintings, excerpts from letters to his siblings, and Bible passages. The entry for this week asks about colors in our surroundings, so I’ve been thinking about this for a couple of days. 
My wardrobe is a neutral pallet and mostly darker tones. Right now, I’m wearing black yoga pants and a muted brown sweater. 

  • Heart 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have wide range of colours. I tend to wear solid brighter/purer/light colours in tops or 1 design on T-shirt.  

Wide range...medium solid red, bright skye blue, some pink, etc.  Come on folks, I have black hair. Why shouldn't I wear jewel/pure colours? I have solid orange  fleecy, some jerseys have a bit of neon green.

Then my pants/skirts are always very dark;  black, blue or deeper grey.  I never wear light-coloured bottoms.

Sure I have  solid neutral tops..cream white, blue. even black. But for someone with black hair, as one ages...it makes me seem gloomy.

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My work wardrobe is jeans, boots, and a Blackboxstocks t shirt in black or gray.

On weekends it is jeans and boots or khaki shorts and running shoes and a shirt

I wear my Scout uniform a fair bit.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m wearing black yoga pants and a muted brown sweater. 

Oh if we only had a thread to appreciate those

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and we know you don't bother with underwear!

What are those?

30 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Or he lost them on the sidewalk.  Anything is possible there. 

what’s a sidewalk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Oh if we only had a thread to appreciate those

What are those?

what’s a sidewalk?

As  someone who doesn't drive and walks alot, not having a sidewalk is not safe...just a general statement. Nor does it encourage anyone to walk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All bright colors.  Red, Safety green, yellows, orange, bright blue.  My track pants tend toward grey but that's so I can wear any shirt anytime.  When I dress conservatively it's in camo.

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

As  someone who doesn't drive and walks alot, not having a sidewalk is not safe...just a general statement. Nor does it encourage anyone to walk.

You couldn't live in many any rural places.  You'd be driving or you would be moving back to a city.  

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You couldn't live in many any rural places.  You'd be driving or you would be moving back to a city.  

No sidewalks at Xanadu. You only find those in the city areas. Walking is great by my home. True outdoors. There are mountain lions.  They mostly keep to themselves. There has never been an attack here. People like to freak put about their dogs and cats, but they moved into the cat territory. 

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see no reason to darken, over-neutralize my colour choices worn close to my face, as  I get  older.

In fact, think the opposite, show lightness/warmth/happiness....as you look older. Rethink this or at least know how to jazz stuff up with a hat, scarf, tie, etc. 

So far, I've stayed away from buying another black coat/parka.  I already for the past 20 yrs.,  wear sleek dress light and long, black coat for....weddings and funerals. Yes, I aim to still fit my most classic well-cut pieces.  And 2 black dress suit jackets . ...That's enough ...for life forever. Forever.

So next winter, I will look for a new red, ultramarine blue or non-black parka/down longish winter jacket.

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

You couldn't live in many any rural places.  You'd be driving or you would be moving back to a city.  

 I've stayed with friends who live in towns with  population of 2,000. they don't live far from town centre. Places with sidewalks...which encourage walking often..for daily health! That's part of a healthy,liveable neighbourhood from ages  8 to 80 yrs. old.  The most progressive urban (your 5 letter swear word :) ) planners are working towards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find this interesting colour choices among the men here

Dearie made sure he  wore high-vi yellow, lime green or red cycling jackets.  For the whole of the time we were together. That's very consistent. For  him, safety of  being seen was priority. He made sure he didn't buy a black helmet. Just wrong.  Remember we didn't have a car. Bike dependency was high.

He  had and wore occasionally 1-2 navy blue light jackets....he actually was tired of straight blue..because it was bought often as a child/teen to match his eyes. I actually didn't like him in navy, it dullened his whole personnae.

He wore expensive red jackets...winter, etc.

He loved wearing red fleecy jackets, orange, mid forest green tops, etc. I always thought he looked  handsome with his greying...later to white beard. Eve when he gained weight, he didn't change his top colours near his face, much at all. 

Sure he would wear deep purple turtleneck, red, etc.

I didn't know my guy was far more creative in his  brighter colour choices...right to the end of life. Of course, I enjoyed buying some of these gift choices which he enjoyed wearing often. So guys....jazz it up!!! 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I find this interesting colour choices among the men here

Dearie made sure he  wore high-vi yellow, lime green or red cycling jackets.  For the whole of the time we were together. That's very consistent. For  him, safety of  being seen was priority. He made sure he didn't buy a black helmet. Just wrong.  Remember we didn't have a car. Bike dependency was high.

He  had and wore occasionally 1-2 navy blue light jackets....he actually was tired of straight blue..because it was bought often as a child/teen to match his eyes. I actually didn't like him in navy, it dullened his whole personnae.

He wore expensive red jackets...winter, etc.

He loved wearing red fleecy jackets, orange, mid forest green tops, etc. I always thought he looked  handsome with his greying...later to white beard. Eve when he gained weight, he didn't change his top colours near his face, much at all. 

Sure he would wear deep purple turtleneck, red, etc.

I didn't know my guy was far more creative in his  brighter colour choices...right to the end of life. Of course, I enjoyed buying some of this gift choices which he enjoyed wearing often. So guys....jazz it up!!! 

Sometimes I’ll have my wife pick some items for me as I tend to gravitate to the same looking items but honestly I won’t wear them much.  I just like what I like.  

I do have brighter cycling clothes for higher visibility. 

 

  • Heart 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Well, then kick it up with a tie or off-motorcycle. 

I'm the guy that will see someone broken down on the side of the road that will stop to help. 

When you ride motorcycles a lot your clothing starts to show road grime. 

  • Heart 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I told you so....engineers can be more colourful and daring if they choose to.  Yesterday, I just realized he is wearing a bolder colour in every photo I've selected:  Sharing Love, Cycling Passion and Idiosyncrasies – Cycle Write Blog (wordpress.com)

Nice.  I have a colorful sock fetish,😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My shorts are khaki. T shirts are black, blue, grey, purple, and red. Shoes are black sneakers or tan boots. Office wear are dress slacks in blue, black, and grey. Shirts are button down in white, blue, rose, and stripes. Shoes are black, socks, dark grey. For cycling, black with colorful jerseys. 

  • Heart 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wo46 bought a few pairs of lighter colored shorts for me and quickly complained that I got them dirty. So I'm not allowed to wear them at any race track, outside working in the yard, the garage or any place in general. 

  • Heart 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a lot of black t shirts with some image on them. Red is a good color for me so I have some shirts in red. Some blues grays and a couple green. I even have a couple Jordan yellow t shirts from when they were a Formula 1 team. I usually bring WoW with when I want color because I am just color blind enough to get it wrong quickly!

I wear very bright cycling clothes. If a driver says he didn’t see me, he’s either lying or was texting!

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, Kirby said:

Does it depend on the season?

Do people really follow the fashion norms of the past?  Like no white between Labor Day & Memorial Day?  

I worked for a very southern firm and for our casual day group shots we always wore White pants & a red sweater for summer meetings and blue on blue for winter meetings.  No white during the winter…  

I believe the Navy also doesn’t wear their whites in the winter. Maybe some of the Navy vets can confirm.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Do people really follow the fashion norms of the past?  Like no white between Labor Day & Memorial Day?  

I worked for a very southern firm and for our casual day group shots we always wore White pants & a red sweater for summer meetings and blue on blue for winter meetings.  No white during the winter…  

I believe the Navy also doesn’t wear their whites in the winter. Maybe some of the Navy vets can confirm.   

Not any more.  3 decades ago, it noticeable for summer light colours for women. Less so for men.

Now with hybrid working from home, it's doubtful people would be that attentive to seasonal colours. One doesn't wear white pants in winter in snowy places..unless one is in a professional that requires whites..which right now, alot of health care professionals wear all sorts of colours.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...