Five repainted frames, waiting for someone to get around to rebuilding them.

Page Turner

...I think this might be it for me. Time to start selling them off on the local Craigslist. I'm hoping it will be a relief to see them start going away.

That's an SLX Guerciotti, an early Rossin (from 1976), an early Trek (from when they were still offering Columbus frames '78-'80), a Scapin (mentioned previously, but now overcoated in clear urethane paint), and a first year Fuji Finest.  I think I have most of the stuff to reassemble them in boxes, but might need to build a few wheels.

DSCF6921.JPG

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...I think this might be it for me. Time to start selling them off on the local Craigslist. I'm hoping it will be a relief to see them start going away.

That's an SLX Guerciotti, an early Rossin (from 1976), an early Trek (from when they were still offering Columbus frames '78-'80), a Scapin (mentioned previously, but now overcoated in clear urethane paint), and a first year Fuji Finest.  I think I have most of the stuff to reassemble them in boxes, but might need to build a few wheels.

DSCF6921.JPG

What’s the going rate on an early 80’s era steel roadie with Campy Nuovo/Super Record parts?  I’m sure condition has a lot to do with price but roughly?

I really don’t need another road bike and do have my Gazelle sitting in my rafters wating to be restored but I do have an interest in a rideable 56 cm old school road bike. 

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

What’s the going rate on an early 80’s era steel roadie with Campy Nuovo/Super Record parts?  I’m sure condition has a lot to do with price but roughly?

I really don’t need another road bike and do have my Gazelle sitting in my rafters wating to be restored but I do have an interest in a rideable 56 cm old school road bike. 

...all over the map.  I got a good deal on that Scapin, because people mostly don't knew what they are, and the hubs were mismatched, etc, etc. So that went for $500 after sitting on the Bay Area CL for a month in December for $600 or $650.  Then there's some guy trying to sell a PX-10 for $1300.  Generally, I think the Campy components (pre Super Record), are supposed to be going for $400-450 on e-Bay. Local CL pricing is always cheaper.  If you have patience, and are willing to look at a few things before you buy anything, you can probably get something in Columbus or Reynolds that needs tyres and some cleaning for $500-600. Super Record from that time period kicks the price up another $100-200. The name brand on the downtube has a lot to do with what stuff sells for on CL.  Colnago, Cinelli are always listed at $1200-1400 and up. Paramounts used to bring a thousand or close, lately they are down from that at $600-800.

But there is always at least another hundred bucks worth of stuff it needs. You should just bite the bullet, and restore the Gazelle.

There are a lot of older steel bike riders/collectors on 'the other forum that must not be named', selling stuff as they age out and downsize.  I'll be in that boat soon, but I never  could ride anything as small as 56.

• Thank You 1