Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis for Tue, 08 Mar 2022

Comic Bot

5 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

@Road Runner, picture check, please. :D

2 hours ago, Further said:

The bush on the left is different in the second panel.  Why ?

When I blow it up to 300%, I see various small differences in all three panels.  The background is more obvious, but Rat and Pig display very small differences as well.

As I've said before, the differences are so small that the average reader would never normally notice them.  So why do it?  It would be much easier, I'm sure, to just draw one panel and then copy and paste it for all three panels.  There must be some sort of cartoonist's creed that says that each panel must be drawn separately (or appear to be drawn separately);  otherwise, the offender will be excluded from the cartoonist's fraternity and denied participation in all the annual award dinners.     :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

When I blow it up to 300%, I see various small differences in all three panels.  The background is more obvious, but Rat and Pig display very small differences as well.

As I've said before, the differences are so small that the average reader would never normally notice them.  So why do it?  It would be much easier, I'm sure, to just draw one panel and then copy and paste it for all three panels.  There must be some sort of cartoonist's creed that says that each panel must be drawn separately (or appear to be drawn separately);  otherwise, the offender will be excluded from the cartoonist's fraternity and denied participation in all the annual award dinners.     :)

Rat's tail is definitely different.

• Heart 1