It’s alive!

Parsnip Totin Jack

oregano and mint are the worst for being invasive. We have about 70 pepper plants and tomato plants to get into the ground in the next couple weeks.. The greenhouse I built my wife is too good at starting seedlings and we are becoming overrun on everything.. 
Not to mention the beans, cucumber, lavender, and peanuts we also started. Ohhhhh and just for giggles... she tried potatoes... yah... we are ready to almost harvest our first round for the year. 

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Chives are more invasive :whistle:

personally I can deal with chives.. a little butter and a good saute in a pan will take care of them... it's the walking onions ya got to watch out for. 

38 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

oregano and mint are the worst for being invasive. We have about 70 pepper plants and tomato plants to get into the ground in the next couple weeks.. The greenhouse I built my wife is too good at starting seedlings and we are becoming overrun on everything.. 
Not to mention the beans, cucumber, lavender, and peanuts we also started. Ohhhhh and just for giggles... she tried potatoes... yah... we are ready to almost harvest our first round for the year. 

I had an about 1-foot wide plot of dirt running between the side of my last house and the pavement.  I filled it 2/3 with strawberries and 1/3 with mint and peppermint.  I had to struggle to keep the mint from overrunning the strawberries.  Eventually, I moved the mint and some other herbs to a planter and let the strawberries run all along the house, I had to put up a net to keep the birds out, but it worked well.  I let the kids on the block pick them as long as they saved some for me and they were pretty good about it.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I had an about 1-foot wide plot of dirt running between the side of my last house and the pavement.  I filled it 2/3 with strawberries and 1/3 with mint and peppermint.  I had to struggle to keep the mint from overrunning the strawberries.  Eventually, I moved the mint and some other herbs to a planter and let the strawberries run all along the house, I had to put up a net to keep the birds out, but it worked well.  I let the kids on the block pick them as long as they saved some for me and they were pretty good about it.

some reason we have about 10 strawberry plants that never produce.. We will not give up on them, but they piss me off.. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Any of these tasty things something deer might like?

The deer love my chives.  I may have to put them inside the garden fence.  

My deer eat everything, even the pine tree needles.  They don't like iris, daffodil, juniper, sage, thyme, garlic and rosemary.  Oregano is too small to tell so far.  We will see if they chomp it. They also like parsley.  They have quite a range of flavors that they like.