Mr. Charles laughed at me.

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

2 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Mr. Charles has a shoe shine stand in the lobby of our building.  He has been shining my boots since we moved here in 2015.  

Tonight my wife and I are table ambassadors for the Circle Ten Council Friends of Scouting dinner, so I have to put on real pants, and a shirt with a collar, a jacket and maybe even a tie.   I thought I would wear dress shoes instead of boots, so I got down my black dress shoes and realized that a couple of years on the shoe rack left them very dusty, so I put them in a bag and brought them to Mr. Charles.  He took look at my cap toes and tassle wings and started laughing!  He has never seen me in anything but jeans and boots.

I may have to dress up for one day in the office just to show Mr. Charles.

At least pull them out once a year and moisturize them in and out.  In, if they are leather liners.  :)  Your shoes will last a lot longer. 

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

At least pull them out once a year and moisturize them in and out.  In, if they are leather liners.  :)  Your shoes will last a lot longer. 

Good advice.  At least I keep nice spring loaded cedar shoe trees in them.

• Heart 2

One of my virtual mentors (business podcasters) talks about when he was coming up through the ranks his mentor introduced him to the shoe shine guy in the TWA terminal in St Louis (that dates it).  He talks about the life lessons he's learned from his shoe shine friend.

Put the boots away for one evening and make sure your knot is straight.

• Heart 1

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

One of my virtual mentors (business podcasters) talks about when he was coming up through the ranks his mentor introduced him to the shoe shine guy in the TWA terminal in St Louis (that dates it).  He talks about the life lessons he's learned from his shoe shine friend.

Put the boots away for one evening and make sure your knot is straight.

Clip-on tie – ASLEFshop

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1