self evaluations

Parr8hed

I always feel if my manager needs me to write what I've done during the year, they probably aren't doing their job very well.  But with everyone working remote for the last two years it probably is a good way to frame the work you've done

• Heart 3

Yes, but you have more control of your destiny, than if they just fill in the blanks from what they think they know. I was always very proactive with those things and tried to accentuate the positive. However, ours were more complex than just a fill in the blank form. These were a way of improving your funding, equipment purchases, and acquisition of additional help. However, all jobs or careers are not created equal.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I've been on the giving end of at least 50 evals. 

Wow... that's a LOT.   10 was more than enough for me to work thru.   Then we had several meetings with HR, the VPs, etc... all questioning my emulations, rankings, etc..   I do NOT miss all of that crap.

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I no longer have to do them

Neither do I.    

7 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

The last few were fun when I had to list my future goals. Retirement.

I had a one word response for the "What is your 5 years plan."    Retire.  

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I had a one word response for the "What is your 5 years plan."    Retire.  

I had a job interview a few years ago. They asked where did I see myself in 5 years. I said "retired". That shook them up but I then said it's a 5 years contract and I plan on retiring in 5 years. Didn't get the job but found out that I was the next in line if the first person didn't accept the position.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I never use the r word in those. I just say I want to keep developing in my current role, ie “leave me alone and get off my lawn”. :D  Wally would be proud of me. :)

"continue to provide nursing coverage in this time of shortage"