My wife is having breakfast

Prophet Zacharia

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

With a group she’s had MULTIPLE job interviews with over the last few weeks. This is the third day of interviews in total. She just wants it to end, for them to either make her an offer or not, but no more interviews, please.

I feel like a breakfast meeting means she’s a finalist?

So, have they talked money yet? One of the recurring grievances on the management blog I read is the lack of forthcoming about the dollars.

After breakfast, she should ask what their timeline going forward looks like.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Does she like the people she's meeting?

I don’t know who she’s having breakfast with. She’s interviewed with about a dozen people so far. Her first day was a group with very senior people, the next day was two weeks later with a mix of senior and lower management and some of the people she’d be working with together. Today, idk.

5 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I've always heard that the party who brings up money first, loses. 

I would think that delaying talk of money is to her advantage, she can make them love her and feel they need her, then she can tell them they need to stretch the offer some. 

29 minutes ago, 2Far said:

So, have they talked money yet?

She’s aware of the proposed range. She’s going to ask for a bit more, but they’re not way off.

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Companies who resist talking $s, frequently don't/can't offer enough. The same goes with benefits discussions as well.

So it’s the same company she works for now, but in a totally different field/role. She’s worked for them in various jobs for 25 years, but this is the biggest change in job that she’s considered making. But the benefits are unchanged, just a function if they’ll bump her pay for her to make the transfer, as her current pay is $1000 more than the top of their published range.

• Heart 3

I think breakfast is a very good sign.  The place where my wife is now working drug out the interview process for about a month.  There were multiple lunches, shadows, phone interviews and in person interviews.  It wore ME out and I wasn't even interviewing.  

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

• 5 weeks later...

I was interviewed by 3 universities over the last few decades. They have panel of interviewers, then there was lunch or supper.  One also has to deliver a group presentation ranging from 15 - 3 people,  on  pre-set  topic. I've had this once for a public sector  job competition also. Like I said folks, types of jobs I've had  requires  good  verbal/ group presentation skills.

I found the university recruitment, abit onerous and bureaucratic, quite honestly.  I don't mind the mult-phase screening....but one can see how costly this all is. I guess the idea  is  people who you may work with you, get to see different sides  of  you under different "conditions".

• Heart 1