I made veggie lasagna last night

Randomguy

I am having lasagna for dinner tonight.  I pulled one of the containers out of my freezer.  Easy night meal.  

So, I was thinking about making a different styke of lasagna soon.   A mix of red sauce and red pepper sauce, and I have a jar of artichoke hearts that I might put in.  Strange right?  

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am having lasagna for dinner tonight.  I pulled one of the containers out of my freezer.  Easy night meal.  

So, I was thinking about making a different styke of lasagna soon.   A mix of red sauce and red pepper sauce, and I have a jar of artichoke hearts that I might put in.  Strange right?  

That might be good!

My lasagna last night was onions, mushrooms, red and green pepper, spinach, and fresh tomato slices layered in.  I didn't have a creamy cheese, but I did have a few ounces of goat cheese that I added milk to, along with pecorino romano and mozzarella.   The combination worked really well.

I think I have a handle on lasagna basics now after my third batch, it seems really hard to screw up, and it is tasty and easy to store for later meals.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That might be good!

My lasagna last night was onions, mushrooms, red and green pepper, spinach, and fresh tomato slices layered in.  I didn't have a creamy cheese, but I did have a few ounces of goat cheese that I added milk to, along with pecorino romano and mozzarella.   The combination worked really well.

I think I have a handle on lasagna basics now after my third batch, it seems really hard to screw up, and it is tasty and easy to store for later meals.

I make an enormous brick of it and freeze it.  Slightly undercooking the noodles makes it perfecto for later.  It does seem like a dish that is hard to mess up. 

Did you use canned mushrooms again?