God, yes!

Randomguy

This is the type of technology that is needed in every town and city:

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The City of Knoxville is set to test out a noise-monitoring camera, a device that could help officials enforce local noise restrictions against loud vehicles.

The device is similar to red light cameras but is triggered by sound by using a filter designed to pick up on noisy vehicles and exhaust. A camera is scheduled to be installed at the intersection of Gay Street and Clinch Avenue for a trial run at no cost to the city.

A release from the city said noise complaints are up and downtown residents and business owners are tired of noise pollution from illegally modified vehicles. Data that will be collected includes the time and date of a noise violation, the vehicle type and a photo of the vehicle’s license plate.

• Heart 3

There are 2 streets nearby going through a widening process right now. They are normally the truck bypass streets. That means the street out our backyard wall is very busy! Between unmuffled trucks and people who think there is prize money for getting to the next stoplight first, it gets pretty loud at times. I have nothing against a decent engine note. That’s not what we are talking about. Let’s just say a lot of guys are trying to compensate for shortcomings. 

• Sad 1

I've noticed a TON more illegal (and unsafe) modifications that just get ignored.  Many unmuffled vehicles, especially diesel trucks, like the two that get a kick out of "impressing" the girl across the street from us at 2AM nearly every night.  That seems to have slowed down after a few "concerned neighbors" had a little chat with the kids.  A motorcycle the other night, pulled a multi gear downshift just as he passed me on my bike (he didn't change speed) so loud it actually hurt like a punch in the ear.  The LED light bars blinding drivers.  Or the lights tinted so dark they are basically off.  Windows tinted to about 100%  License plates covered up.  Kids on BMX bikes CUTTING ACROSS MY LAWN GET OFF!!!!

For the cops here - doesn't that crap just make you want to write a pile of tickets?

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

On 3/9/2022 at 3:50 PM, 12string said:

I've noticed a TON more illegal (and unsafe) modifications that just get ignored.  Many unmuffled vehicles, especially diesel trucks, like the two that get a kick out of "impressing" the girl across the street from us at 2AM nearly every night.  That seems to have slowed down after a few "concerned neighbors" had a little chat with the kids.  A motorcycle the other night, pulled a multi gear downshift just as he passed me on my bike (he didn't change speed) so loud it actually hurt like a punch in the ear.  The LED light bars blinding drivers.  Or the lights tinted so dark they are basically off.  Windows tinted to about 100%  License plates covered up.  Kids on BMX bikes CUTTING ACROSS MY LAWN GET OFF!!!!

For the cops here - doesn't that crap just make you want to write a pile of tickets?

At least where I moved from, off-duty LEOs were part of the problem! Probably at least 1/3 were Harley riders. Several had lifted and loud pickups and that was just the ones I know. Other officers give them leeway because they work together. Their neighbors don’t say much because they don’t want it implied they don’t support law enforcement. It just kind of snowballs from there. 

• Heart 1