How are you liking Arizona?

Randomguy

Just now, MoseySusan said:

Are you planning to visit, or is there a reason to stay longer than three days?

Maybe, who knows?  I didn't know there was a time limit on visiting AZ.  I feel that Las Vegas has a three-day lifespan, too.  Fun for the first couple of days, then you are ready to leave.

spacer.png

...the desert mountain ranges right up out of Tucson are very nice. You can more or less follow the mountains all the way down to Nogales, on the Mexican border. I once drove the Mexico/Arizona border (as close as I could follow by road), from Douglas to Nogales There are some places where it is very adventurous.  I would probably be reluctant to do so now, because it's a smuggling corridor, and there are a lot more people getting killed in that area now. I think Organ Pipe National Monument is still pretty safe.

But at the time, parts of it up out of Nogales seemed idyllic.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I didn't know there was a time limit on visiting AZ.

Fun for the first couple of days, then you are ready to leave.

This.

Phoenix area is spread out, so there's lots of driving on freeways with super short on-ramps. This year might be better because there's no Spring Training. We like spending time with our family, but I can tell they want to get back to their routines after a few days.  

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Maybe, who knows?  I didn't know there was a time limit on visiting AZ.  I feel that Las Vegas has a three-day lifespan, too.  Fun for the first couple of days, then you are ready to leave.

If you come to AZ I'll give you the grand tour. I'm a pretty good guide. Just ask @Parr8hed.

• Heart 4

9 hours ago, UglyBob said:

If you come to AZ I'll give you the grand tour. I'm a pretty good guide. Just ask @Parr8hed.

Yes he is!  I can't wait to go back. 

It is absolutely beautiful country.  But this is someone who is coming from nothing but corn and cows.  Sedona was amazing.  The scenery and hiking were dope.  Bob took us around the Grand Canyon.  My daughter threw a drop ball (snowball) into the Grand Canyon.  We hiked up one of the most strenuous hikes I have ever done right outside of Phoenix at piestewa peak.  We rented a Jeep with a front tire that leaked air.  Don't rent that one.  It was a PITA.  

People there were somewhat nice.  They seemed healthy.  The bitched about how cold it was ( we had the top down on the jeep wearing sweatshirts).  It was like 50-60 deg. 

I didn't care much for Phoenix but everything was super dope once you got away from there.   

• Heart 4

We would go there for Spring Training and we liked it in March.  I was there in August for a tournament my son played in and it was freaking hot but I deal with 115 dry heat better than 98 humid heat.  

I actually need to go to Scottsdale at some point soon.  

11 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I was mansplaining to BuffCarla yesterday what next year’s vacation would be, and she said. No, I want to go to the Grand Canyon. So Arizona and New Mexico are next year’s vacation. 

Let me know when you are coming down. It would be great to meet you!

• Heart 1