What is a great movie that I should watch tonight? Please don't suggest things...

Randomguy

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Samsara

Hmm, I read about it just now.  After reading about it, I still have no idea what it is about.

Then I saw the trailer, and still don't know what it is about.  What is it about?

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Hmm, I read about it just now.  After reading about it, I still have no idea what it is about.

Then I saw the trailer, and still don't know what it is about.  What is it about?

Life, is my synopsis.  Our life and our planet.  It is made by the same person than did Baraka.  That one is good too.

I have a hankering to watch "Sometimes a Great Notion" again.

I don't know if you have seen it, or if you would like it.

I also would like to watch "The Shipping News" again

This, I also don't know if you've seen, or would be interested in.

Historical: Amadeus (Murray Abraham) - greatest musician of all time

Nostalgic: American Graffiti (Ronny Howard et al) - American teenagers in 1962

War: Saving Private Ryan (Tom Hanks et al) - DDay 1944 and days after action by a squad of Rangers

Funny: Foul Play (Goldie Hawn, Chevy Chase) - goofy girl and cop have to save an important person

Stuff that's great but off a lot of radars:

The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (Paul Newman) - comedy, boss man of a turn of the century (1800's-1900's) Texas Town.

Winter's Bone (Jennifer Lawrence) - teenager's search for criminal father to save home put up for bail bond, 20 yr-old JLaw nominated for Best Actress Oscar

Broadway Melody of 1940 (Eleanor Powell and Fred Astaire) - the most incredible tap dancing: greatest all-time tapper Powell put Astaire to shame - he wouldn't work with her again.

Cherry 2000 (Melanie Griffith, David Andrews) - guy seeks robot replacement for robot wife and is guided by hot, 27 year-old, human Melanie Griffith