Carson effing Wentz?

Parsnip Totin Jack

The Washington Commies keep banging their head against the wall. Trading for Wentz? Indianapolis is glad to see him go and get a few draft picks too. Dan Snyder is a maroon. This isn’t the worst of his stupid trades (see Albert Haynesworth, Deon Sanders, Jeff Hostetler) but it will be in the top ten. Local radio is promoting the acquisition; they’re idiots.

6 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

The Washington Commies keep banging their head against the wall. Trading for Wentz? Indianapolis is glad to see him go and get a few draft picks too. Dan Snyder is a maroon. This isn’t the worst of his stupid trades (see Albert Haynesworth, Deon Sanders, Jeff Hostetler) but it will be in the top ten. Local radio is promoting the acquisition; they’re idiots.

We have been talking about it here a little bit: 

12 hours ago, Dottles said:

Screw ‘em. I’m taking my Sunday’s back. 

Trust me - they won't miss you or any of us. Counting their money takes up way too much of their attention.

I stoped giving any sport precedence over "living".  Any and all sports can be put on a DVR watched later, our just catch the highlights.  Traditional sports - ie the big four - have zero "gotta watch" impact anymore except the Super Bowl.  Even that is low if the "wrong" teams are involved.

Your Sunday should ALWAYS be yours! :cheerleader:

• Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Yeah, and the scuttlebutt is that this years QB draft class is underwhelming.

Yea.  Indy got spoiled with Manning and Luck.  Mishandled Luck severely.  No idea what we are going to do.  We have proven this year that a good defense and great run game will win you some games in regular season, but you need an elite QB1 to continue on to the post season.  

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I agree. Once again the Redskins-now-idiotically-renamed-Commanders did something beyond stupid costing them draft pics.  Almost every year they're short of draft picks while, 35 miles down the road, the Ravens have 9 or more each year - 9 in the first 4 rounds alone this year - and have winning records almost every year.

Washington is one of those teams that changes head coaches often and, when the new philosophy comes in they get rid of talented players from high draft picks that don't fit the new system. Add in awful owner Dan Snyder's unstudied interference, and you get an awful team year after year.

Teams that rarely change head coaches don't just do well because of a great coach, the continuity of the same system keeps putting the right players in the system.

I was hoping the with Ron Riviera as Head Coach, they'd finally get some stability but it doesn't look good.  I don't understand why they think Wentz is better when Frank Reich, the Asst. Coach at Philly who developed him then traded for him as Head Coach at Indy, gave up on him.  Or was Reich forced to do so by drug addict Indy owner Irsay?  I doubt it.

In either case, if both Philly and Indy gave up on Wentz - who started out strong at Indy and then regressed to poor with a better offense than Washington has - I think the Commies should have rolled the dice with the draft or current not-bad Heinicke for a QB than Wentz.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Yea.  Indy got spoiled with Manning and Luck.  Mishandled Luck severely.  No idea what we are going to do.  We have proven this year that a good defense and great run game will win you some games in regular season, but you need an elite QB1 to continue on to the post season.  

Yeah well we just proved keeping a bozo coach is more important than keeping a franchise quarterback. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Yeah well we just proved keeping a bozo coach is more important than keeping a franchise quarterback. 

Exactly! Any idiot can get a team into the playoffs, and if they are a lucky idiot, they can win a Super Bowl!

@jsharrwick needs to apply for the coaching position at Dallas :cheerleader:

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Exactly! Any idiot can get a team into the playoffs, and if they are a lucky idiot, they can win a Super Bowl!

@jsharrwick needs to apply for the coaching position at Dallas :cheerleader:

I could not work for that slimeball.  Well, I could, but it would take 15 million per year minimum.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

I could not work for that slimeball.  Well, I could, but it would take 15 million per year minimum.

Well, you certainly have the qualifications to command that sort of salary.  What part of "lucky" and "idiot" were you confused about?  

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Pete Carroll is going to get fired in the next year or two and then Seattle becomes a faceless organization. 

Kinda like USC. He made it a powerhouse program and when the NCAA started sniffing around he flew the coop and let someone else suffer through the sanctions he caused.    

23 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Come on, @Old No. 7, tell us how you really feel. :D

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Kinda like USC. He made it a powerhouse program and when the NCAA started sniffing around he flew the coop and let someone else suffer through the sanctions he caused.    

On the plus side, I've enjoyed watching the team for 10 years.  But we were never going to repeat with the same ole, same ole and now we just lost a franchise QB.  Like I say (confirmed by RE), I got better things to do with my Sundays.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1