Comparisons

Square Wheels

that's why you need to learn how to embellish

people will STFU when you tell them something like "I think I got all the bones in my arm pulled apart when I got flung down that staircase trying to save that baby"

There's just no room to one up you

unless you're in Texas, then there is always room, so its best just to keep your trap shut until you get to Oklahoma

My pet peeve is when people say "It must be nice ... "  It is used in many scenarios.  It must be nice to be so thin.  It must be nice to own two homes.  It must be nice to take vacations every year.  It must be nice to go camping all the time.

Dammit!  I worked for everything.  I work hard to stay thin.  We work hard to afford the things we have.  We live in a tiny house, so we can afford to pay for vacations and whatnot.  It's all choices, so don't give me this crap of "It must be nice..." as some sort of way to try and make me feel guilty for what I have earned.

My pet peeve is when people say "It must be nice ... "  It is used in many scenarios.  It must be nice to be so thin.  It must be nice to own two homes.  It must be nice to take vacations every year.  It must be nice to go camping all the time.

Dammit!  I worked for everything.  I work hard to stay thin.  We work hard to afford the things we have.  We live in a tiny house, so we can afford to pay for vacations and whatnot.  It's all choices, so don't give me this crap of "It must be nice..." as some sort of way to try and make me feel guilty for what I have earned.

It must be nice to be able to say all that.  :P

Felt good to get it off my chest.  Last month someone said to me "You are lucky to be thin.  It must be nice to eat whatever you want."

It aint luck and I watch my diet all the time. :angry:

yep...people only notice when I eat pizza or mexican or some such.  They pay no attention to the other 20 meals of the week that are light and lean.

My pet peeve is when people say "It must be nice ... "  It is used in many scenarios. 

Agreed.  Mrs. Silly's ex would use "it must be nice" out all the time.  It was irritating because most of the restriction on his life were due to his irresponsibility.  The most memorable time he used it was when Mrs. Silly asked that he bring my step son back from visitation Sunday morning (per the divorce decree).  He wanted to know why, usually we wouldn't make a stink out of it if he took G___ to lunch.  We said we wanted to take him to Point Pelee for the day.  "It must be nice to be able to go to Canada"  The reason he can't go to Canada is because of his arrest record.