Jump to content

Just a friendly reminder


petitepedal
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, petitepedal said:

Shower, do some personal grooming,

Man - WFH and not venturing out too much in public requires me to make an effort to look presentable.  The beard is what get's neglected. And, if I didn't ride (and sweat), showers wouldn't be as often as they should be. :frantics:

So, your comment was "funny" (related to me) but also "sad" as I think lack of hygiene is often tied to mental illness - and that is hella tough :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey...I have dripped my share of tea or diet coke on a shirt front..its the globs of spaghetti from dinner 3 days ago or Sundays gravy on the shirt front..sometimes both..cos it's the same shirt...that makes a difference...

And I am guessing if the farmer or rancher is going to town ...and knows he will be eating at a restaurant...a quick wash up is on the agenda.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Hey...I have dripped my share of tea or diet coke on a shirt front..its the globs of spaghetti from dinner 3 days ago or Sundays gravy on the shirt front..sometimes both..cos it's the same shirt...that makes a difference...

And I am guessing if the farmer or rancher is going to town ...and knows he will be eating at a restaurant...a quick wash up is on the agenda.

Just put on a coat or vest. Some do clean up and some don't. I am in the latter group, but I have a spiffy clean wife. She just doesn't walk with me.:whistle:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my youth, us men folk ate at a small greasy spoon commonly referred to as "Cockroach's". The aroma of hog feces from farm clothes and boots was stronger than the burning grease off the hamburgers in back. Less of a problem in the summer than winter because windows and doors were open.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

Just put on a coat or vest. Some do and some don't. I am in the latter group, but I have a spiffy clean wife. She just doesn't walk with me.:whistle:

I can just see her at the diner telling the waitress that the dirty guy in the other booth is paying her check!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

I can just see her at the diner telling the waitress that the dirty guy in the other booth is paying her check!!!!

Oh, we eat at the same table or booth. I think she is more embarrassed by the old dirty caps I wear. I sweat a lot and when it is dusty, they don't look good for very long.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the resident suffer from depression or cognitive issues?  Sounds like a sad situation for the resident, but also hard for the other people.

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well...I think of the little old ladies here who dress up to come to dinner..cos it is the highlight of their day...and they sit across from the guy who last bathed before the snow started to fly..

I remember eating around a picnic table with a bunch of smelly cyclists..I didn't  wilt.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Well...I think of the little old ladies here who dress up to come to dinner..cos it is the highlight of their day...and they sit across from the guy who last bathed before the snow started to fly..

He relies on you, and on the other residents, to remind him he still matters. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a nice time at the Assisted Living facility people watching 2 elderly men. They were watching a TV Polka show. One was crabby and when the announcer was talking yelled out “stop talking and play the damn music”. The other was in a state of rapture, singing along, marveling at the 8 year old guest drummer, and laughing hysterically at the lyrics “I stepped out for a beer and didn’t come home for a year”. 
 

Didn’t get close enough to observe any hygiene issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...