Sooo Ready To Ride

ChrisL

12 minutes ago, donkpow said:

If you can walk, you can ride. If you can't ride, walk.

Actually makes sense as when I do get brain fade I get a bit disoriented. If I feel good enough to walk I can ride.  If I get the brain fade I shouldn’t ride but can still walk.

The key is the fatigue is going away. I climbed 3 flights of stairs yesterday and felt fine. Last week walking the dog kicked my ass.  

57 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

What part of "a back injury and concussion" did I miss?

I referenced them in other posts but I don’t believe I posted about about either incident in a dedicated post.

The back was just a really bad strain that took forever to heal. I was carrying my grand son for about an hour and strained my back.  I kept riding & I couldn’t get it to loosen up so just took a couple of weeks off & really focused on stretching & got it loose again. 

I got the concussion two weekends ago helping my sons GF & her mom move.  Moms boyfriend had an air compressor in a car port storage box.  My son & I eased it down and rotated it onto its wheels.  In the process of doing this I didn’t realize I moved under the storage box and stood up smacking my head in the 2X4 support under the box.  Flash of light, wooziness & concussion #5… I stayed home all last week and this is my first week back at work.  I worked until noon Monday, 3 Tuesday and got a full day in yesterday.

Brain function  is coming back, I’m about there.     

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I referenced them in other posts but I don’t believe I posted about about either incident in a dedicated post.

The back was just a really bad strain that took forever to heal. I was carrying my grand son for about an hour and strained my back.  I kept riding & I couldn’t get it to loosen up so just took a couple of weeks off & really focused on stretching & got it loose again. 

I got the concussion two weekends ago helping my sons GF & her mom move.  Moms boyfriend had an air compressor in a car port storage box.  My son & I eased it down and rotated it onto its wheels.  In the process of doing this I didn’t realize I moved under the storage box and stood up smacking my head in the 2X4 support under the box.  Flash of light, wooziness & concussion #5… I stayed home all last week and this is my first week back at work.  I worked until noon Monday, 3 Tuesday and got a full day in yesterday.

Brain function  is coming back, I’m about there.     

OUCH!

That would hurt.  Concussions are cumulative or at least it seems the next is easier to get, but I wonder if there is an eventual reset to "normal".  The back stuff, too, just seems to be a "once it starts, it is going to happen again" sort of thing.  Folks who are consistent in the stretches and strengthening seem to recover best, so maybe you will keep that in check.  For some reason, women seem to be able to carry kids for an eternity, but I'm like "find this kid a stroller - NOW!" sort of guy.