time to use my locking gas cap

bikeman564™

We once had a car with the tank filler hidden behind the rear license plate.  That was surprisingly good place to hide it.  You did risk someone being overly aggressive trying to pull up instead of flip down the plate, but I remember hearing my mom tell the gas attendant "it's behind the plate" quite a bit as a kid.

• Heart 1

The juvenile delinquents on my caseload educated me in the 1970's.

You know the quickest way around that locking gas cap? An icepick to the gas tank. Walk away as it drips into a container/gas can, then return and collect you full container. 

Hole in gas tank that needs to be repaired? Not their problem.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Further said:

On the news this morning they were talking about gas siphoning, apparently it is becoming common again 

I guess it's a thing to bypass the filler neck and directly drill out the gas from the bottom of the tank

Drill baby drill??

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

We once had a car with the tank filler hidden behind the rear license plate.  That was surprisingly good place to hide it.  You did risk someone being overly aggressive trying to pull up instead of flip down the plate, but I remember hearing my mom tell the gas attendant "it's behind the plate" quite a bit as a kid.

that used to be pretty common.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Tizeye said:

The juvenile delinquents on my caseload educated me in the 1970's.

You know the quickest way around that locking gas cap? An icepick to the gas tank. Walk away as it drips into a container/gas can, then return and collect you full container. 

Hole in gas tank that needs to be repaired? Not their problem.

small hole can be temporarily sealed using a bar of soap ;)